I am starting on September 12th!

Angie Watson

3 hours ago, Angie Watson said:

I am starting my first Whole30 on September 12th. I am very nervous! I am waiting until then so I can make sure I study up & I always go to the grocery store on the weekend. What better time to start than a Monday!

Hi Angie.  I too am a Newbie and will be starting on September 10.  I'm nervous too but also excited!

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, NordicGiraffe said:

ughghgh ... so hesitant to chime in as I have tried and failed so many times ... but here it goes.  Sunday is my day one (again)

Have you thought about why you haven't finished the ones you've attempted in the past, and made a plan to deal with those situations this time? Many people have false starts before they get all the way through 30 days, but it definitely helps to think about what you can do differently this time to be successful.

I too have yet to complete a full 30 days. I was going to do a round in August, but that was my birthday month. Plus, I had two visits from out-of-town friends, which meant lots of drinking and eating out. My last visitor just left town, so I'm starting a round of W30 tomorrow (September 12). I'm reading the forum and ISWF tonight to get mentally prepared. I have lots of good food in the refrigerator, so I'm good on that front. I just need to get focused. Good luck everyone!

I started today too!  I tried to start on 9/1, but I didn't do any meal prep or planning, and so I failed by day 6.  This weekend I bought the Whole30 book and planned and prepped.  I am feeling mush more confident about this round and hope this group will be a source of encouragement, support and accountability.  I tried once in March, and made it 23 days until Spring Break with my family.  I am determined to do it this time--even with 1 preteen and 1 teen boy and a full time job.

I have tried keto, macros counting, flexible dieting, calorie counting, you name it and nothing makes me feel as great and as healthy as Whole30.  I love that there is no weighing, measuring or calories allowed.  I come from an eating disorder past, so too many rules stress me out.

Anyway good luck to use all.  Will this just be our continuing thread?

This morning a had the spinach frittata from the cookbook and am having a steak salad for lunch.  Dinner will be a protein salad with some broccoli.

Officially, I started today, Sept. 12th.

A couple weeks before my grandmother's 100th birthday party, I was introduced to the Whole30 by my Pastor's wife. At that time, I decided to give it a test drive. Which I'm very thankful I did as I learned a lot.

Years ago, I'd tried Weight Watchers, South Beach and more recently Joe Cross' Reboot. Not one of them delivered the way in which the Whole30 does and that's just from a test drive standpoint!

I'm looking forward to learning more and hoping my husband will be joining me. Either way, it's a fantastic program!

Hi everyone!  Today is my day 1... again.  I started last Tuesday, but then yesterday  I said yes to something non-compliant out of politeness.  I was so mad at myself.  I could have just said no thank you!!  I am looking forward to doing all 30 days this time.  I had a good day 1 today and I hope everyone else did too :D

Day 1 in the books. Feeling fine, but I imagine I won't in a couple of days from now lol. This round I'm trying to eat pre/post workout meals because I'm really bad at that. I almost always use leftovers for lunch, which helps me get through this much easier :). Really need this reset right now!

23 hours ago, Sweetbrook said:

Hi everyone!  Today is my day 1... again.  I started last Tuesday, but then yesterday  I said yes to something non-compliant out of politeness.  I was so mad at myself.  I could have just said no thank you!!  I am looking forward to doing all 30 days this time.  I had a good day 1 today and I hope everyone else did too :D

See, you're already on your way to day 2. Only 28 more days to go!

23 hours ago, greenhm said:

Day 1 in the books. Feeling fine, but I imagine I won't in a couple of days from now lol. This round I'm trying to eat pre/post workout meals because I'm really bad at that. I almost always use leftovers for lunch, which helps me get through this much easier :). Really need this reset right now!

Do you remember reading about reading about self-efficacy, greenhm? I realize you meant 'feeling fine, but I imagine I won't in a couple of days' in a joking manner. Yet, please consider the power of suggestion and how much it can hold.

My hopes for you are that you'll be feeling better than ever before!

19 hours ago, Robertaworley said:

Do you remember reading about reading about self-efficacy, greenhm? I realize you meant 'feeling fine, but I imagine I won't in a couple of days' in a joking manner. Yet, please consider the power of suggestion and how much it can hold.

My hopes for you are that you'll be feeling better than ever before!

I am going with how I have felt having done this three times already, plus the Whole30 timeline. And knowing how I've been doing leading up to this round. I know after the first couple of days, it can hit hard. If it's about power of suggestion on myself, I'm not at all concerned. I was being realistic.

HI All!

On Day 04 of Round 01. So far going strong and really enjoying cooking meals way different from what I am used to usually cooking. I am looking at this as an opportunity to reinterpret Indian cooking and spices to be used for quick simple meals. let's see how that goes..

Also, Eating so much protein in a meal seemed like an impossible thing to do, but i see the point of it all now. I have been reading that Day 5 and 6 are horrible, so bracing myself to face them!

Also, I need to get back to my Yoga routine.. the meal prep and cooking has been eating into my  yoga time!  

How are you guys doing?

How are you all doing?

Hope you survived the weekend.. Day 08 Begins and i have more faith in myself to see this through!

I am more of a pop corn person than a chips person and I survived seeing a movie in the multiplex and not be tempted by the tub of popcorn my sister bought.

had a black coffee later as I picked up a box doughnuts as a birthday surprise for my sister in law!! i am quite sure I can do this now :)

Hope you all celebrated such small victories too!! 

@bbuoy10 : so sorry to hear that! wishing you good luck on starting over.. hows day 02 going?

I have realized how important prep is! thats the key to seeing this thing through i guess.

I have been treading cautiously and doing well, on day 10 today. 1/3 done!

Weekend travel comping up though, my mum's 60th birthday.. so preparing some reheat-able/travel friendly food tonight.

Next week will be my Birthday week.. hopefully will survive that too!! 

So far so good. I'm about to eat my breakfast casserole. I try to prep meals I can eat over multiple days, which is easy to do since I'm only cooking for myself. It's the cravings that get me.

I jumped on another thread (someone with a 9/20 start date), and I'm reading a lot of success stories. I hope that will help. 

Cudos to you for making it 10 days!! You've come so far. Don't give up now. You'll be so much happier on your birthday if you stay on plan. :-) 

• 2 weeks later...

hi all,

Hope you are doing well.. On day 18 here and going strong! 

Getting fed up of eating chicken and eggs though.

Might add up some fish and prawns this week.

the past 7 days were quite tough, 2 birthdays.. my mom's and my own, travel and losing my phone.. 

It was a whole lot of running around.. but thank God for Boiled eggs and bananas. Quick, nutritious lifesavers!

So looking forward to this weekend's prep time. 

@bbuoy10 how are you doing ? day 10 i am guessing ?

Hi, @SoKul I had to restart my program (wine and bad food choices), so I'm on day 5. So far, so good. I'm on crutches for a stress fracture, so I can't drink (I'll fall) or weigh myself (no weight on my left foot), so it's a good time to do a Whole30. Of course, thanks to delivery and the difficulty of meal prep, I still have to fight the urge to just order something horrible to eat. I'm trying to stay strong.  

@bbuoy10 wishing you all the best! and hope you feel better. It seems like too many odds are stacked against you right now. So the victory over them would be that much sweeter! Hang in there, there are better days ahead!

Counting down days here, 6 days to October 12! I am actually planning out the meals for the last day already. I am going to have to try extra hard to resist temptation that day as it is a day of celebration here, a festival called Dussehra, which comes loaded with sweets and yummy food! So I thought my complaint for that day should be equally kickass! working towards that :) Other than that, i am so over Pizzas and BigMacs and Brownies! feeling really good and confident.

@bbuoy10 wishing you all the best! and hope you feel better. It seems like too many odds are stacked against you right now. So the victory over them would be that much sweeter! Hang in there, there are better days ahead!

Counting down days here, 6 days to October 12! I am actually planning out the meals for the last day already. I am going to have to try extra hard to resist temptation that day as it is a day of celebration here, a festival called Dussehra, which comes loaded with sweets and yummy food! So I thought my complaint for that day should be equally kickass! working towards that :) Other than that, i am so over Pizzas and BigMacs and Brownies! feeling really good and confident.

... and Done!!

feeling great..! celebrating many NSVs.. have lost atleast 3 inches around the waist. its great to wake up feeling like this.. for the first time in my life, I WANT to exercise more .. coz i feel like it, not because i 'should'!

reintroduced legumes today, starting with a breakfast of boiled (soaked) moong beans with a pinch of salt, pepper, lime juice and olive oil and some fruit.

will have daal for lunch. feeling good, energy levels fine.. looking forward to wearing older clothes (like the jeans i have not worn in last 2 years, that i am wearing today!!)

Cant wait to reintroduce a little bit of milk in my tea.. have been really missing that!

other than that, all good..!

how are the rest of you all feeling?

Congratulations @SoKul! I'm on day 17. The cravings are much better. I was really tempted to have some wine a few days ago, but resisted. I'm so far in that I would hate to start over now. Plus, I feel better, of course, and I can tell I've lost weight. I certainly don't feel deprived at all. 

Archived