Whole 30 Pot Roast

Lomac

I made some whole 30 pot roast in the slow cooker last night and it was the best thing i've put in my mouth yalll.....wanted to share the recipe. I got it from a co-worker so i'm giving her all the credit. (shout out to Morgan. Love ya girl.) 

Ok here we go: 

2 lb chuck roast (I got mine from earthfare, but they have grass fed at Walmart)

8 whole pepperoncini (whole30 compliant- read your labels!)

1 cup bone broth (or beef broth- homemade or read your labels- this one can be tricky so making your own might be easier.) 

Salt n peppa (to taste & to dance to. come on put the spotify on)

Red potatoes (peeled or unpeeled) – probably 8 of the small ones- cut in half

Carrots- (peeled- I use regular big carrots but you can use babies- as many as you want)

1 lg onion – cut into large chunks

Garlic – 2 cloves

2 Tbs Ghee/Coconut oil

1 tsp parsley

1 tsp rosemary 

1.       Coat each side of chuck roast in salt and pepper

2.       Heat 1 Tbs ghee/coconut oil in large skillet on medium-high. Brown chuck roast for 5 minutes on each side. Add the other tablespoon when you flip sides.

3.       Add everything in the crock pot! Put the roast in first, lay the veggies on top and around, then dump everything else in.

4.       Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4, stirring every hour or so.

I like to pull the meat out when there is about an hour left and pull it apart with two forks and stick it back in to soak up all the yummy juices. You don’t have to do this but it makes it more tender and easier to eat (in my opinion).

No give your taste buds what they are asking for people. 

Archived