Starting 1st W30 Oct 10!

HilaryR

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know ive lost weight the belly is flatter love handles are going and....... i can fit back into my favourite jeans woohoo have a ways to go yet to get back to where i want to be have not jumped on the scales at all which is damn huge for me im reading melissa's food freedom forever book whilst doing this w30 and its all starting to make sense - finally!!!! Hoping this is the last reset i have & then i can have food freedom!!!!! Starting to get bored of eggs for brekky so have gotten out the w30 book for meal ideas. Seeings this is my 4th w30 (only seen 1 completely thru) i no longer struggle with vegetables for breakfast i can sit down to roast vegies whereas before that was what????? Vegies for brekky - nah thats dinner food. Total mind change. I found too when i did my first w30 i struggled big time with the healthy fats & oils cause i came from a weight watchers back ground but boy does it work.  Happy day everyone

3 hours ago, marnoldpt said:

Yeah! Day 16! This is my third Whole30 so I haven't had much trouble.  I learned after the first one that prepping/planning is key and I stock my pantry and fridge better (not overstocking like the first time). I am on a return to health journey that started 3 years ago...have normalized BP (no more meds), have a lower than normal RHR, have lots of energy, no longer have itchy dermatitis patches, can run 10 miles, and cycle 200 miles in a day! Oh - and I've lost 135#!!! So I would say the Whole30 has been a godsend for me! Happy continued journey everyone!!

@marnoldpt  Wow!!!! Congratulations.  You are an inspiration to us all.  15 days to go.  Your story motivates me to stay on plan.

I had a dream the other night that I ate some kind of chocolate caramel candy thing but after I realized what I was doing, I spit it out, started crying and tried rinsing my mouth out with water.  I was so relieved when I woke up that it was just a dream. 

I finished day 16 today and am doing well but still waiting for tiger blood.  I wasn't feeling bad before so maybe it will be more gradual and I might not notice?  I am really happy with all of the veggies I have been eating.  I have always wanted to eat more veggies but didn't really know how to do it or where to start and Whole 30 has been the answer.  I am really thinking about my future whole 30 lifestyle and how it will look.  I guess once I start reintroducing foods that will give me a better idea of what I will be able to add, or not, back into my diet.

Anyone have any favorite recipes they want to talk about?  Tonight I made cashew chicken over cauliflower rice and added extra veggies and reduced the chicken.  My favorite breakfast is the sweet potato/apple pancake.  

Good Luck everyone!

@Tinoch,  I too  am waiting for the tiger blood.  Maybe tomorrow - day 17.

A friend gave me a great recipe for Slow Cooker Turkey Butternut Squash Chili.  It was delicious.  The kids even liked it.  I used a fresh butternut squash which I found difficult to peel and chop.  However, while at the store yesterday I saw cubed butternut squash in the freezer section.  This will make the recipe much easier.  Here is the link to the recipe: http://www.hellobenna.com/2014/09/slow-cooker-turkey-butternut-squash-chili-whole30paleo/

I have a similar recipe from Paleo Mom (Sarah Ballantyne) that uses canned pumpkin. We all loved that one, too.

My favorite butternut squash recipe is one that combines butternut squash, Brussels sprouts and red onions, tossed with olive oil, dried sage, salt, pepper, and a bit of nutmeg. This can be roasted in the oven (single layer) or cooked on the stove top. We liked the oven version best. You are so lucky to have found cubed squash in the freezer section, because i agree that peeling and chopping it is a challenge!

I really let the Sugar Dragon get to me before I experienced Tiger Blood this time. One day was bad enough, but I have indulged in at least one sweet thing every day for five, so I am officially dropping out (Day 18 for me). I will regroup and officially begin again on November 1. Despite Thanksgiving and my birthday (Nov. 29), I think I am ready to do this. I have my newly purchased copy of Food Freedom Forever, and I have four days to read it and internalize the ideas. Good luck to everyone who started on or near October 10, and thank you for the support.

jmb369  Sorry to see you go too!  Good Luck in November.  Thanksgiving is easy for me because my in-laws are vegan so they have always cooked their own food and my birthday was Roctober 1st.  If you can get your family not to demand cake on  your birthday....you should be fine!       My daughter made me a whole pan of her special frosted brownies for my birthday.  I am sure I only gained a few pounds between that and the halloween candy that I binged on right before I started The Program.   haha

I am struggling with my mental dependency on food and I am afraid that once I am done with my 30 days....I am going to freak out and totally mess up the reintroduction phase.  I am trying hard to focus on the nonscalevictories but I can not wait to weigh myself after we are done because I think I will be within 10 pounds of my goal weight that I set several years ago.      

Thanks for the recipes!  I also had a hard time peeling the butternut squash.  The woman in the youtube video must have had a brand new peeler because she peeled the crap out of the thing.  

I am enjoying my borrowed copy of It Start with Food so I am very curious about the FFF.

Thanks for the good wishes, friends.

@Tinoch I've found over the years that I tend to turn to food when I am tired or bored, rarely when I am upset. For me, the secret is to be busy and to keep a list of fun activities or easy household tasks to distract me. My other yellow light is shopping, and then giving myself a 'treat." I think this one dates back to treats when out shopping with my mother or my dad! Old habits die hard!

@marnoldpt, your wise words resonate with me, and yes, I am already aware of how I got derailed this time and steps I can take to prevent a repeat.

My only planned excursion into noncompliant foods between now and November 1 will be almond meal blueberry pancakes for Sunday breakfast. That's one of those items where all the ingredients are compliant, but the food itself is off limits because it mimics a noncompliant food. Hoever, it's been our Sunday breakfast for a year and a half except when I am doing Whole 30. This will be a treat for me and for my DH, and then we won't have it again until December!

Keep up the good work. By the way, I did not lose many pounds when I did my first Whole 30, but I felt skinnier and had lots of the other NSVs. I could not believe that I made it for 30 days without stepping on a scale or getting out a measuring tape. You can do it!

I hit one of my first milestones on the Whole30 timeline.  I had food dreams.  With every dream I indulged and ate every single bite.  I seems odd to me to have had food dreams because I have had not had any food cravings during the day.  I have not yet felt the Tiger Blood.  Hopefully I will hit that milestone soon.

How is everyone else doing?  I am looking forward to hearing from you.

I had another dream on Halloween night that I ate some candy or something and then spit it out.   

Well, I finally got all of that extra energy during week 3 and I kind of didn't realize it for a few days but now it seems to be here to stay.  (I am not going to use the term Tiger Blood anymore because Charlie Sheen used it in some crazyass interview he gave to GMA several years ago and that boy has problems. My hubby showed it to me tonight.  yikes)

I can't believe that one week from today, I will be able to eat some beans and peanut butter!  This last week is almost harder for me since the end date is soooo close.   

Archived