Vital Proteins Collagen Beauty Greens

pistolabella

I think green marine drinks are yuck, I need a bucket.  I don't care for powdered spirulina, seaweed...any of those things.  I'd end up sprinkling it on the garden as I've done in the past. I can't find the actual ingredients, what does the label say is actually in there.   

• Nourishing elixir combines marine collagen peptides with raw organic greens, hyaluronic acid, and probiotics

There's no way I'm drinking dried red snapper, marine collagen, barley and wheat grass. I used to pretend that wheat grass shots were good but they taste like grass clippings and old tennis shoes no matter what you tell yourself.  I vote for the garden. 

When they dried the red snapper...are the lungs, tongues and bungs still intact. Did they clean the fish or are you getting all of the guts, too.  So there's that. But that's just me.:P

How are foods made shelf stable?
In order to be shelf stable, perishable food must be treated by heat and/or dried to destroy foodborne microorganisms that can cause illness or spoil food. Food can be packaged in sterile, airtight containers. All foods eventually spoil if not preserved.

All denatured protein powders and other powders such as this are heated to a high heat to remain stable on the shelf for months and avoid food poisoning. What you're left with is a powder that does not contain the same life force as whole foods or a fresh fish.   

On 10/5/2016 at 9:20 PM, MeadowLily said:

How are foods made shelf stable?
In order to be shelf stable, perishable food must be treated by heat and/or dried to destroy foodborne microorganisms that can cause illness or spoil food. Food can be packaged in sterile, airtight containers. All foods eventually spoil if not preserved.

All denatured protein powders and other powders such as this are heated to a high heat to remain stable on the shelf for months and avoid food poisoning. What you're left with is a powder that does not contain the same life force as whole foods or a fresh fish.   

Is this not the same for all supplements including vitamins? A friend used to tell me that vitamins in tablet form are "dead vitamins".

Totally with you on the dried fish. I doubt they would have dried lovely fish fillets, it will be all the other (inedible) bits, scales, fins, tails and heads.

2 hours ago, jenmidge said:

Is this not the same for all supplements including vitamins? A friend used to tell me that vitamins in tablet form are "dead vitamins".  Ayup.  DOA.

Totally with you on the dried fish. I doubt they would have dried lovely fish fillets, it will be all the other (inedible) bits, scales, fins, tails and heads.:PYuck, I need a bucket.

• 1 month later...

I ordered some tasteless CP's, too.   happy dancing crazy rabbitI did it because two trusted people here have reported good results. I'm taking them out for a test drive to see for myself. I still can't go for the dried red snapper (probably not the dried, lovely fish fillets only), marine green taste. dunno crazy rabbit

Archived