not just fallen off the wagon, I've slashed the tyres

It pains me to think that just a few weeks ago I was feeling great on my whole30. I made it to day 21 and then fell off the wagon because of wine at a family dinner. I'm annoyed that I can't get back on the train. as I know I'll feel better, but ironically lately I've been feeling too depressed to bother (yes I am diagnosed with MH issues and am on medication etc etc)

Ugh someone help me break this stupid cycle!

• Administrators

@foursimplewords - I'm concerned that this cycle you are referring to and your underlying issues are more than can be effectively dealt with by creating topics and requesting assistance from folks on the internet. The forum is a great and supportive environment for folks that are working through Whole30's and we will provide as much help as we can but beyond basic "how to do a Whole30" and "make a list of why you weren't successful and try again", we are extremely limited in the help that we can provide.

Are you currently working with a therapist or mental health professional? Are they aware of your current status? 

We moderators and members of the forum simply aren't equipped to coach you through depression issues to get back on what is ultimately a voluntary elimination diet. It's possible you would do better to focus your attention on areas outside of the Whole30 at this time.

Best of luck to you.

On 10/6/2016 at 2:53 PM, foursimplewords said:

It pains me to think that just a few weeks ago I was feeling great on my whole30. I made it to day 21 and then fell off the wagon because of wine at a family dinner. I'm annoyed that I can't get back on the train. as I know I'll feel better, but ironically lately I've been feeling too depressed to bother (yes I am diagnosed with MH issues and am on medication etc etc)

Ugh someone help me break this stupid cycle!

I also feel the shorter days etc and this time of year is tough!!. So don't beat yourself up if you can't get back on a consistent track just now. Congratulate yourself for the meals or days that have been W30 compliant and if you are going off track, have food/treats that are worth it and permit yourself to enjoy them.

Spring is only one season away..

Archived