EatDrinkPaleo's Caramelised Onion, Carrot & Ham Omelette Roll

Robertaworley

I saw this EatDrinkPaleo's  Caramelised Onion, Carrot & Ham Omelette Roll on either one of my Whole 30 emails or one of the Whole 30 newsletters for September, but I cannot remember which.

It's confusing to know if it's Whole30 compliant or not.  One the one hand, it seems that it isn't due to the egg omelette being used as 'bread'.  However, on the other hand, all the ingredients are compliant and it seems to be just a fancy rolled omelette.

So, which is it?

Thanks for your help.

• Moderators

This is fine, it's just another way to cook an omelette.  You can do Nom Nom Paleo's Egg "McMuffin" too if you want. Nothing about eggs are going to make you think they're bread.  Same with using portobello mushrooms or sliced sweet potatoes as a "bun" for a burger.

If they were combining the egg with some kind of compliant flour in an effort to really recreate a tortilla or bread, that would probably be more swypo. 

If you're a sandwich/wrap addict and think even this rolled omelette might be keeping you eating the same types of food you always did instead of changing habits -- something like eating mindlessly because you just pick it up with your fingers and eat without paying much attention -- you could skip it, or eat it with a fork while seated at the table.

Archived