Coconut Milk Ideas

AussieBelle

Hello

I use coconut milk for fruit smoothies and thai stir fry...is there anything else you can suggest I cook with? I need to get some fat into my body tomorrow and my avocados aren't ripe nor do I feel like having coconut oil all day....

Thoughts, ideas?...anyone, anyone? :D

Thank you!

I suggest not using it for smoothies while on W30 :)

It's nice poured over some fruit, or on/in coffee (I pour mine over the back of a spoon Irish coffee style)

You could make a thai soup? sweet potato & coconut milk? chicken? Or I make a thai fish curry with it too.

You can sour it and and use it like sour cream; you can make kefir with it (I think it if you search the forums, there's a post about making kefir) and you can make yogurt. The sour cream is fast; the others aren't things you could do and eat today.

very good, thanks so much for these suggestions!

Derval, are you suggesting not drinking a smoothie because of the fruit? Grrrrrrrrrrr ;)

Tom 'mod' Denham :) says

The guidelines do not ban smoothies, but they are a bad idea. Drinking your food has a different effect in the body that eating the same foods whole. You don't feel the same fullness, so you are setup to eat more. And most smoothies include too much fruit, so is really a sugar fest.

It's so true. when I was a raw food vegan, I made a lot of green smoothies. It didn't matter how much protein powder or oatmeal or coconut oil I added to them, I was always hungry again way before the next meal was due. I used to think it was just me being greedy, it's so wonderful to be able to eat a meal and almost have to remind myself when the next one's due :)

You can sour it and and use it like sour cream; you can make kefir with it (I think it if you search the forums, there's a post about making kefir) and you can make yogurt. The sour cream is fast; the others aren't things you could do and eat today.

I couldn't find a link on here to the sour cream or yogurt recipe, is someone able to give me a link?

• 2 weeks later...

I ADORE it in my espresso. I absolutely love espresso with sugar and cream, but since those are out of my diet now, espresso by itself is just plain yuck and coconut milk gives it the perfect amount of sweet and creamy :)

Heresy ;) Espresso by itself is concentrated happiness. Add water (Americano) and you get to enjoy the happiness a little longer.

That said, I like coconut milk in all of my coffees.

A couple days ago I baked two butternut squashes in the oven on 400F for about an hour until they were fork tender, scraped and mashed all the flesh and mixed it with one can of coconut milk and a generous amount of cinammon. OMG, YUM. I've been eating a serving of it with each meal since (because there's a lot and my husband won't touch it) and each time I forget how delicious it is until I take the first bite.

I also put it in my coffee now every morning. Tastes like heavy cream to me. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived