Fried Apples - Well Fed Blog recipe

gina724

I was reading the W30 blog post on Oct 7, which led me to the Well Fed website.  Browsing thorough it, I found a recipe for "Fried Apples" - which is labeled as Whole30 Compliant.

The ingredients are W30 cool, but I just want to check and see if y'all think this recipe stays within the spirit of W30.  

I thought this may be a way to slip some fruit into my husband's diet (who is joining me on this great quest and not a fan of fresh fruit), 

thoughts?????

• Moderators

As a small portion (think condiment sized) with a dinner, this would be fine.  Made up, topped with coconut cream and eaten as a dessert or to mollify a sugar dragon, no, it would not be.

Fruit is recommended as 1-2 fist sized servings a day... once cooked down, that concentrates the sugars, so a serving of this would be much less than a fist sized serving. 

I was going to say the same thing that Laura posted - I don't really care for fruit, except every once in a while, so I asked the forum if I should force myself to have some every day to comply with the meal template. The answer was "no."

Archived