What did you have for supper last night?

MOboysgirl

Smoked ribs (pecan and cherry wood) from the smoker,  homemade coleslaw, sweet potato wedges, Tim McGraw Kale Salad, cherry balsamic reduction, cherry booch with apricot LaCroix.   Badda boom. Christmas tree lights still in the window sills with each unique large snowflake falling down.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, MOboysgirl said:

@MeadowLily Bada boom indeed!  Sounds great. Gonna have to look up the kale salad recipe. Thanks for sharing. 

Ooo, I already have it over at the Okay Corral Hitching Post thread. It's there.  happy dancing crazy rabbit

http://forum.whole30.com/topic/27253-dirty-thirty-roundup-and-ride/?page=97#comment-306256

• Administrators

Had leftover taco meat that needed using. Sauteed an onion, 2 bell peppers and two shredded potatoes in ghee. Added the leftover taco meat to heat through, put it all in ghee-greased 9 x 13 glass pan and then poured a dozen eggs over top and baked for an hour.

Served with salsa and guacamole smothering each piece. Taco-egg-bake. :) 

41 minutes ago, MOboysgirl said:

@jmcbn creamy anything sounds great. Can you guide me to the recipe you used or did you just create it?

>Here's the recipe< although I can't take credit for finding it - one of our members posted a link in one of the group threads..... I added artichoke hearts and would probably add more veg (mushrooms?) next time, but all in all very tasty!!

The kale/sprout/fig dish is one of my own creations.

21 hours ago, ladyshanny said:

Had leftover taco meat that needed using. Sauteed an onion, 2 bell peppers and two shredded potatoes in ghee. Added the leftover taco meat to heat through, put it all in ghee-greased 9 x 13 glass pan and then poured a dozen eggs over top and baked for an hour.

Served with salsa and guacamole smothering each piece. Taco-egg-bake. :) 

Nice! I feel like we don't waste food these days. Always seem to be able to throw it all together and have it turn out pretty tasty. 

Last night was a mixed pork & beef meatloaf on a bed of savoy cabbage, soup leeks & celery, with cranberries all braised in ghee with ginger & turmeric, a small side of roasted beets, and a half an avocado.

Tonight will be peppered mackerel with cold potato & bacon salad, chopped red onions, baby plum tomatoes & some pickled red cabbage.

Both washed down with home made black grape Booch.

Last night - Best Chicken you will ever eat from Well Fed with a side of mayo, baked potato with ghee, green beans and small bowl of mixed berries (blackberry, blueberry, raspberry). Sparkling water with natural mandarin flavor on the side.

Burgers with roasted turnips and spicy garlic ketchup (from the W30 Cookbook -- meant to make the rutabaga fries but my husband can't tell the difference between rutabaga and turnips -- yet), plus a salad with ranch dressing.

Last night I worked, so I had leftover cod sprinkled with salt and Old Bay and baked in ghee.  Nothing fancy, but sometimes that does the trick!

But to post something that's actually interesting...  I've been making stew in my InstantPot with a stew kit I get from Whole Foods that consists of rutabaga, carrots, celery, sweet potatoes, bay leaves, and rosemary.  I add chuck roast, water, salt, and pepper and it has been a miracle meal this winter!

leftover Chilli from the freezer, and some roasted veg.  I then went to Fit Bros boot camp, and after an hours workout came home and had roasted purple potatos with a couple of hard boiled egg whites (had the yolks for breakfast this morning).  yummy yummy!

I made the cinnamon beef stew from Well Fed, with spaghetti squash. I did both in the Instant Pot, and I think the squash came out better than the stew, as the stew was too runny because I added the called-for amount of water instead of lessening it to account for the IP. Still delicious!

Archived