Gum or mints

neylonas

• 1 month later...

I thought I had a solution to gum/mints when I found some tea tree oil chewing sticks on amazon. They arrived today, and way down on the list is a bit of canola oil. Will this kill my Whole30? I'm not cooking with it and I know it has omega 6s, but in such a small amount, would it be ok to have a couple of these sticks a day? I talk a lot on the phone at work and when my mouth gets dry, I feel like I have bad breath. I will check out the Wow breath drops too.

You should avoid them. We're not fans of chewing when no food is being ingested. It's a confusing story for your stomach. Why don't you keep some water with lemon by the phone? Staying hydrated will help the bad breath.

• 3 weeks later...

But honey is out for W30 anyway, right?

right. honey is out, as is chewing when no food is present.

I finally brought in a second toothbrush and some toothpaste so I can brush my teeth at the office after lunch (and found some W30 compliant toothpaste, not easy!).

• 6 months later...

Ask your local chemist, there should be a peppermint oil capsule you can have (no chewing). They're often sold for bad breath or reactions to garlic/onion (funny smelling skin).

Sometimes they have parsley oil in too too and they're best taken before your garlicky pesto zoodles ;)

If you can't find any, a cup of peppermint tea is pretty good too :)

• 4 years later...
  • Moderators
20 minutes ago, Boatlove said:

Are there any gum or breath mints that are Whole30 compliant?

Go ahead and google 'whole30 breath mints' or 'whole30 gum' and you'll find many discussions on this topic.  Everything that has ever been wondered has probably been asked on this site... I'm going to merge your question with a popular thread on the same topic.

Archived