Jarred Spaghetti Sauce

Slimfatgirl

Hi,

I've been having a hard time finding a jarred spaghetti sauce that is W30 compliant.  I've seen some post's about Trader Joe's sauces and I have read all of their labels and they don't seem compliant.  I did a jar from Rao's Specialty Foods, Inc. (www.raos.com) at Sprouts.  Has anyone tried it?  The ingredients appear to be 100% compliant.  I don't shop at Costco, so I can't try the Kirkland brand that was suggested some time ago.

• Moderators

I've used Rao's, I thought it was pretty good. You can always add more herbs and spices if you aren't happy with it straight out of the jar, but I was happy with the flavor.

I can't remember brands right now, but I looked at a bunch of different pasta sauces at my local grocery store and found a couple that were compliant -- I think both were marinara, as opposed to things like tomato & basil (but I think I just started with marinara and may have given up before I got to other varieties).

• 3 weeks later...

I found 1 brand at Meijers and it was surprisingly pretty cheap. I also experimented with making my own with both fresh tomatoes and seasoning and then using canned tomatoes and seasoning. Both tasted very good, just a little thinner then I am use to.

I just bought the trader Joe 's "roasted garlic spaghetti sauce" and it seems compliant. Tomato puree, tomatoes, fresh onions, roasted garlic, garlic puree, red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt, natural roasted garlic flavor, spices.

I haven't tried it yet so I can't give you a taste report.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 6:28 AM, ShirleyP said:

Classico brand makes ONE complainant sauce and it's the roasted garlic. It can usually be found at most "big box" stores.

If I'm reading the ingredients correctly, the Classico Tomato Basil and Spicy Red Pepper are also compliant.  Those are the ones I typically use. 

This won't add anything to the conversation, but it made me chuckle - when I first read the topic of this feed, I read it as "Jared" as in a name. And then I was confused about why everyone was recommending other brands when the OP wanted to know where to find Jared Spaghetti Sauce.

Carry on!

On 1/20/2017 at 10:30 PM, benm1976 said:

Aldi's Simply Nature Organic marinara and also the tomato basil are both compliant. And $1.99/jar. 

I'm pretty sure you just made my week! I live super close to Aldi's. Now I'm thinking spaghetti squash may be on the menu this weekend. :)

It is SO EASY to make your own sauce, people: throw a can of diced tomatoes and whatever other veg you want (carrot, zucchini, spinach, mushrooms--really anything works) in the blender with herbs & salt and cook on the stove until it turns bright red. Taste check and add more salt/seasoning if needed. ADD MEAT. SO EASY. This is something I didn't learn/realize until Whole30 (along with homemade mayo and broth--why did I not know this stuff before??) so thought I'd pass it on. I actually adapted my sauce the first time I made it from this Huevos Rancheros recipe, which is also the bomb (I mean, leave out the tortillas, but...): http://mexicanfoodjournal.com/huevos-rancheros/ 

Archived