Dairy Dilemma

psanfo

Hi! My name is Pat. I'm a slim 69-year old woman. I have severe gluten sensitivity (my son has celiac), and I'm lactose intolerant. I've learned to deal with both quite well. I do eat hard cheeses because they have little lactose. I'm on day 11 of Whole30 and I'm not eating any foods that are not compliant. Because of my existing dietary restrictions, doing Whole30 is fairly easy for me. I'm struggling to have more energy. I'd like to feel good every day and I thought Whole30 would help.  I've learned things that really make sense, such as satiety and satiation! I've searched the forum and maybe I missed it, but how do dairy food negatively impact the body? I'm looking ahead to a life time of feeling better and knowledge in this area would be helpful.  Thank you.

• 2 months later...

Shannon, thank you! When I wrote the post, I had begun reading It Starts With Food, but had not gotten to the chapter on dairy. ISWF is an excellent resource! I've finished it and go back to certain sections when I feel I need a dose of motivation.

Archived