December 5th is my fourth Day 1.

Jennifer824

So my "Day 31" of my previous whole 30 (my third) was Thanksgiving. I went banana sandwich (so to speak) and I fell off the wagon so hard. I think my problem was that during this whole 30 I ate too much fruit, and ate things that were "compliant" but so not on plan. I'm talking juices, larabars, chips and fries. I didn't think it would hit me this hard but damn.... I'm miserable. I'm puffy, I have a voracious sweet tooth, moody, and my lady-situation hasn't been ideal either. Don't get me started on my skin. Also, I gained back weight I've lost since January and I'm really feeling hopeless. 

So today's Day 1. In my previous whole 30s (I've attempted several that didn't stick), I've always stuck with it if I get through the first 2-3 days. I'm posting here for accountability, it worked last time, but now I'm going to focus on more veggies and protein, less fruit and mindless munching. 

If I can find an excuse, I'll use it. 

Anyone else an evil opportunist? 

This is day 4 of my first whole30.  I am sorry that this happened, but am glad that you posted so I can see how to stay on track (hope that doesn't sound jerky).  I am having fun with this so far, I am liking the recipes that I am finding and have a variety of food to try.  I think that will be key with me ... I get bored, and I don't want to resort to grab and go stuff if I can avoid it.  Stay in touch, we may be able to help each other!

I started my second whole30 on Dec 1st. My first one ended Nov 9th and within  3 weeks I was completely back to the old me. During my 1st whole30 I allowed myself too much fruit, including dried fruit and snacks. I managed to get through it but didn't really develop new habits or end cravings. Already I've been messing up this time around because I know I need to do this but my heart's not really in it this time. :(  I didn't prepare as well to start and am just winging it. My hubby brought me an apple ale at dinner and I drank it so I guess today is day1 again. 

You can do this. Day 1 or day 28, they're the same thing. So tell yourself it's day 12. Nearly 2 weeks under your belt..... it's hard to give up when you think of it that way! I got into a cycle of day 1 after day 1 after day 1. Eventually, I just said to myself I wasn't starting over, but I did add a day to the end of my whole 30. It's a mind game but my brain is a sneaky b*tch.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, subeau said:

you can eat too much fruit?uh oh starting over.ALSO i cannot give up my disgusting nicotine lozenge habit.i recently bought a truckload at costco..im going to put it where i cant see it(like the neighbors house)& give it another go

Fruit consumption, even if considered excessive, would not be a reason that you would have to start over. The sugar and other chemicals in the lozenges sure would though, unfortunately.

The recommendation for fruit consumption is up to two fist-sized servings per day, with meals. Not as snacks or alone or used to quell sugar cravings. 

still need to start over because of the lozenges which are now gone.ive been snacking on dates(yikes)not many but still....i have to make an appearance at a party tonite  i still plan on eating before i go  forgoing the alchohol which is my greatest downfall(i am the kind of girls who comes home from the gym & has a glass of wine)as well as the food there.but tomorrow will be my official start day

Archived