Round 1 Starts Jan 1.

Ok, I've been lurking around the edges of this board and website for a couple months and I'm finally ready to officially declare my intent to do this in Jan.

I just got married, and I've known throughout my life I have a dairy allergy. I mostly eliminated dairy from my diet four years ago, but it's crept back in over the last year. In addition, I had my gallbladder removed in 2010 and appendix removed in 2012 after doing "crash" diets.  I've developed some other intestinal issues over the last year which I've heard is common about five years after gallbladder removal.

Anyway, I'm doing Whole30 to identify my food allergies and sensitivities and see how I feel when I completely eliminate sugar from my diet, something I've been aware is a food dragon for years, but never actually taken seriously enough to do something about it.

I'm going to need the boards for support as my wife is supportive of me and will be somewhat compliant, but does not want to do this with me. I'm an ok cook, but really struggle with food prep since I not only have a full time job, and now spouse - but also have a side career I am trying to make my primary career in the next couple years.

Archived