Starting today! December 6th

Miss Jane

Hi everyone!  

Finally started my Whole30, day one down.  Dinner tonight was stuffed chicken and collard greens sauteed in coconut milk.  I've had a year full of pretty dramatic personal growth, and I feel that resetting my food (and wine) habits will be the perfect way to wrap up the year, especially for my birthday on the 18th.  I would love to prove to myself that I do have control over my food and drink consumption.  I have always carried excess pounds around my waist despite being pretty athletic, and have gained some weight in the last two years that I would like to shed.  I also have some mild but chronic sinus issues, and haven't been sleeping very well in the last few months.

I have a pretty healthy diet - lots of seasonal, organic produce in every meal... meat every few meals or so.  I don't eat fast food or prepackaged food, and love to cook.  No sweet tooth... except that I have 2-3 glasses of wine a night, or a cocktail, and can't seem to break the habit.  I also rely on carbs a lot in my meals and snacks (mostly gluten-free crackers, noodles and bread), and am definitely allergic to dairy.  

I am feeling really good about doing the Whole30!  I will be having a really mellow holiday season, so I'm not too worried about temptation at parties.  So grateful for the support structure provided here!  If anyone has any tips for the first week, I would love to hear!
Thanks guys :)
Jane

Thanks guys!!

So far so good.. actually surprised by my lack of cravings!  Drinking lots of tea as my nightcap to unwind.  Also I like being forced to plan meals ahead.. as long as I have compliant food ready to go during the day, it's pretty easy so far to stay on track.  I like cooking enough at night for leftovers, instead of having to stop at the store every day on my way to work to grab something for lunch.  I have been having some moodswings, but I keep telling myself that I'm detoxing and that it will pass. 

SonneS, how are you doing on day 6??

I'm day 7 right now.  Yesterday I stayed compliant, but didn't eat as well as I had been due to being rushed around lunch time.  Today I feel a little ill, shaky, etc., so I am hoping that my super awesome breakfast will kill that.  Otherwise, no cravings, which is weird, but I did have a dream the other night that I had diet soda, which I wouldn't normally drink anyway, so that was interesting.  Overall, I just feel sleepy all the time, and cold, but that could be because I am still getting used to the winter months!

How is everyone else?  I am determined to make it through this .. I even made it through pizza night at the school last night by rushing home, making soup and having my husband bring it to me so I wouldn't be tempted :)

Archived