First time doing this!

ipater20

Hello!!! 

My name is Izzy... I'm 22 years old, turning 23 this month and I've just started my first Whole 30 and already addicted! 

A little background about me... I've always had some social anxiety... but during my sophomore/junior year of college it got wayyyyyyy worse. My anxiety disorder also caused what is called Conversion Disorder... where I kind of go into these spells of staring blankly and not being able to move if I am overwhelmed or stressed. On top of this I started gaining weight. And I wasn't even eating that badly. Not great... but definitely not horrible. 

Fast forward a few years and I had gained a substantial amount of weight and was having a lot of issues with my anxiety in general. Got on meds for that, and that definitely helped, but still the weight gain continued. I actually haven't had a period in almost a year... hair loss... excessive hair on my back and face. REALLY bloated if I had one bad thing to eat. It was so frustrating. Finally I figured out that this all was completely related to PCOD Polycystic Ovarian Disease. And man does it suck. No real cure... definitely ways to help it but nothing to make it completely go away. My mom was concerned about my health as well... she lives in Chicago right now but would see photos of me and stuff and see the weight gain. So she sent me the book. At first I was frustrated... if I changed my routine and ate all this food and nothing changed... what was the point of putting in the effort...?

BUT the more I got into the idea of the Whole 30... and eating clean... the more I found it actually kind of exciting, almost like a hobby. I am a very creative person, a graphic designer at my work and I've found that cooking and food is an amazing creative outlet as well. 

SO, now I am on day 7 of my first Whole 30 and I feel great. I actually don't know if I've lost weight or not... but I definitely have more energy and am in a better mood. I know there will be a lot of challenges ahead but I am very motivated and determined to make this a lifestyle change rather than just a challenge. :) Will be posting on here regularly because that definitely keeps me accountable as well. Plus I like writing lol. 

Archived