Need some advice please

Coco335

Hi there,

I first did a W30 in November 2014. I lost 20 lbs and my triglycerides were low (47) which is great according to my doctor. I felt great but I don't know if it was because my insides were happy or if I felt accomplished for completing the program. Another NSV was that my painful menstrual cramps were gone and my skin was incredible. My anxiety was also gone after day 2!

I did not do a proper reintroduction and therefore quickly went back to my old eating habits.

From June-August 2015, I went vegan while following a beachbody program and trying shakeology. I lost 20 lbs in two months, but felt tired, had cystic acne and my painful menstrual cramps were back. Looking back I'm pretty sure I did not eat enough calories so I don't know if that's why I had those symptoms.

I'm torn on if I should try vegan again and eat plenty or try another W30. My body loves the feeling on W30, but I am having a hard time mentally with meat. 

I grew up with a vegetarian mom and she did not cook. I'm not even sure how I survived growing up living off cereal and tv dinners.

When I get meat prepared at a restaurant it's a lot easier for me to eat. However, I hate the smell and taste of leftover meat. I do not sit around and crave chicken or a hamburger. It's like I use meat as a way to eat the bun (bread), or order the onion rings. My aversion to meat - is this my gut trying to tell me to not eat meat?

I have researched psychological relationships with meat and I don't know if it's a mental barrier or if I simple don't like meat.

Has anyone had this issue? Any advice?

I just want to eat and not have it be a daily grind on what to eat or when to eat or how much to eat. I waste a ton of time thinking about food and it's killing me. 

Another note is that doing w30 the first time gave me a fear of most carbs. I can either be on the eating healthy wagon or off it but no in between. I know life is about balance, but for me with food it's all healthy or not healthy at all.

I'd appreciate any feedback. For the record I am 30 years old, female, 5'9" and currently weight 165.

Thank you!

Do you have aversions to fish/seafood and eggs? I do my w30s with mostly eating those items as my main proteins. I eat a very small amount of chicken, and an even smaller amount of Aidells compliant sausages. Though, to be honest, the chicken and apple variety by Aidells reminds me of the soya sausages I ate while vegan way back when, so you might have good luck with them. They really are delicious - not overly "meaty."

As far as going vegan and eating plenty or going Whole 30 and feeling good in your body, why can't you do both? Either a traditional Whole 30 and eat plenty and feel great, or a vegetarian/vegan Whole 30 and still reap many of the health benefits?

I don't have much other advice. Perhaps a moderator will chime in.

Archived