FODMAPs and Whole 30

HI! I'm trying to plan my Whole 30 and am mentally a little bit stuck over what to plan for meals because I follow a low FODMAP diet already. Lately I've been relying on lots of plain carbs and its showing, haha. Major culprits to avoid include apples, pears, stone fruit, onions, garlic, beets, cauliflower, bok choy, asparagus, cabbage, avocado, and several others (including things like wheat and some types of dairy and sweeteners that would not be  compliant anyways)...basically I'm just looking for suggestions for FODMAP friendly meal inspirations! Does anyone have experience with this??

hello from a fellow low fodmapper :) 

my main veggies are lettuce, spinach, zucchini, kale, cucumber, bell peppers, cucumber, green onion. for starchier veggies, I eat carrots, white potatoes, and then in smaller amounts - sweet potato, butternut squash, delicata squash,etc (they dont bother me at all).

for recipes that ask for onion/garlic (pretty much EVERY recipe it seems), I just use garlic oil and green onions.

I really like paleorunningmomma.com - she has lots of low fodmap recipes :) 

• 3 weeks later...

useful substitutes I've found;

green tops of spring onions instead of onions

garlic infused oil instead of garlic 

eggplant/aubergine instead of mushroom

white potato instead of sweet potato (breaks my heart as I love sweet potato but can only tolerate about 70g haha)

Archived