What's on YOUR plate? Whole 30 food photos!

I tried looking around on the forum but haven't found exactly this - so I thought I'd start a thread of my own. I am a visual learner, and find it helpful to see photographic examples to help me understand and learn better. So I wondered if other people who were thinking of trying out a Whole 30, or who were well into a Whole 30 but were a little bored with what they're eating, might benefit from a pictorial review of what's on my plate. I encourage others to join in and post photos of what you've cooked and are eating to give the rest of us some ideas as well!

Through this pictorial review, I hope we can all be inspired to cook something new, try an ingredient we've never used before, and realize that eating healthy doesn't have to mean eating complicated.

Without further ado, I present my most common breakfast-- not gorgeous, not complicated, but compliant, delicious and filling: eggs fried in coconut oil, sliced baked Yukon gold potatoes topped with generous blobs of homemade mayo, and a piece of fruit (in this case it was clementine):

IMG_4701 (2).JPG

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was dinner last night: almond crusted tilapia and a salmon puck (ahem - should have been a patty but it was my first experiment making these and I didn't follow a recipe but rather some ideas from other people's recipes), steamed yellow and orange carrots, cauliflower and broccoli, with artichoke hearts, two slices of avocado and some homemade mayo for dipping:

IMG_4700 (3).jpg

I had posted the next few photos earlier in the 11/28 thread, but to share with whoever might not have seen them, here they are. Also, please don't mind the container that the mayo is in -- it says "cat food" on the top but is most definitely my delicious homemade mayo. :P

This was a work lunch I'd packed - shrimp cocktail dipped in garlic aioli made from my mayo, served alongside sautéed asparagus.

583f95301240b_IMG_46911.thumb.JPG.9617ac60e3bdd1f46fd4c8a94fa60436 2.jpg

583f953b9a85f_IMG_46921.thumb.JPG.8d6e2d22f0b70fa58909d0aa1f8d4b1e 2.jpg

• Whole30 Certified Coach

I love this idea!  I look at instagram a lot just for ideas (unfortunately so many times gluten free bagels with cinnamon sugar cream cheese are #Whole30 though... so kind of a bummer ;) ).  I haven't taken many pics lately but I did for a while in this log.  I'm home pre-baby with LOTS of free time... so I'll add to this thread!

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:09 AM, littleg said:

I love this idea!  I look at instagram a lot just for ideas (unfortunately so many times gluten free bagels with cinnamon sugar cream cheese are #Whole30 though... so kind of a bummer ;) ).  I haven't taken many pics lately but I did for a while in this log.  I'm home pre-baby with LOTS of free time... so I'll add to this thread!

I've only looked at the first page but so far looks WONDERFUL! I can't wait to see your photos added to this thread. I really think it helps give people ideas of what real humans are eating on the Whole 30, and it gives me motivation to make something both delicious and appealing (keeps me satisfied better if both my mind and my stomach find it appealing interestingly enough). Great to have your photos here!

I'd also posted this in a previous thread, but it's another easy and delicious meal I make regularly to bring to work, and since I can't post photos right now (help me, admins!) I thought I'd add this one here. It's two Aidell's chicken and apple sausages pan sautéed for a few minutes to brown, alongside mashed roasted butternut squash. Not included in the photo was the half an avocado I ate with it. Yum.

IMG_4689[1].JPG

31640060465_f58ec51331.jpg

Frittata.  1 bag frozen peppers and onions, 1 bag frozen broccoli, 3/4 lb local breakfast sausage, 8 eggs.  If I don't eat half for breakfast like I did a few days ago :ph34r: this should be 4 servings :)

As a side note, the little pot behind the pan... cinnamon sticks that I set on simmer... nice little "natural" air freshener!

NMCC, why do I have this feeling that if we were in the same room we would break out into fits of laughter and not stop. giggle2-smiley.gif?1292867603 Kinda of like being in a boring meeting and breaking out into that silly,entire body-shaking laughter that will not be stopped. Then it all goes sideways. I get that feeling about you. A "Whole" lotta fun.  giggle1-smiley.gif?1292867603

6 hours ago, MeadowLily said:

NMCC, why do I have this feeling that if we were in the same room we would break out into fits of laughter and not stop. giggle2-smiley.gif?1292867603 Kinda of like being in a boring meeting and breaking out into that silly,entire body-shaking laughter that will not be stopped. Then it all goes sideways. I get that feeling about you. A "Whole" lotta fun.  giggle1-smiley.gif?1292867603

It's been known to happen. :P:lol::D

14 hours ago, littleg said:

31640060465_f58ec51331.jpg

Frittata.  1 bag frozen peppers and onions, 1 bag frozen broccoli, 3/4 lb local breakfast sausage, 8 eggs.  If I don't eat half for breakfast like I did a few days ago :ph34r: this should be 4 servings :)

As a side note, the little pot behind the pan... cinnamon sticks that I set on simmer... nice little "natural" air freshener!

This looks really delicious! And another little trick - save the peels from your clementines, oranges and grapefruits. Putting the peels with some water in a pot and leaving it to simmer makes another kind of delicious air freshener. That's the type we usually do. :)

31812471705_b7b29c3d29.jpg

2 slices of kabocha squash with coconut cream

Salad with 1 carrot, left over fried onions, left over salmon with mayo and oil/vinegar/mustard dressing

Had a little coconut butter with my magnesium :ph34r:

Thank you so much, @littleg - I can now post my photos thanks to your photo-posting tutorial!!! Hooray!

Here's some of what I wanted to post over the last weeks:

Bonus plantains that came in conjoined twin form - MMMMMMMM

31084985153_42fe8de368.jpgIMG_4739 by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

31054116024_c712a18c5e.jpgIMG_4740 by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

Aidells chicken and apple sausage with Chinese bok choy tips sautéed with coconut and sesame oils and sea salt, eaten with (not pictured) mayo:

31746631542_df08310e10.jpgIMG_4728 by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

Aidells chicken and apple sausage with Chinese broccoli tips sautéed with coconut and sesame oils and sea salt, eaten with (not pictured) mayo:

31746634032_285f64048f.jpgIMG_4726 by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

Beautiful bok choy tips:

31054120714_8246fe243d.jpgIMG_4727 by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

Archived