What's on YOUR plate? Whole 30 food photos!

Food prep is so beautiful sometimes when you eat all the colors of the rainbow!

31521496350_631e99933b.jpgIMG_4723 by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

Sautéed zucchini rounds served with pan seared salmon and (not pictured) mayo:

31521493750_99cff92548.jpgIMG_4725 by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

Seared salmon served with sautéed zucchini rounds over salad greens, drizzled with delicious olive oil:

31521501060_f00b4bc6df.jpgIMG_4718 by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almond crusted tilapia with salmon pucks, served with red pepper strips and sautéed zucchini rounds:

31746639732_3fe1c0af61.jpgIMG_4722 by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

A breakfast and lunch that I'd brought to work one day - chicken stew with carrots and onions, served with roasted purple and red new potatoes, eaten with half an avocado, then the other half avocado eaten with almond crusted tilapia and salmon pucks, and steamed broccoli/carrots/cauliflower medley:

31746647342_31b8b39467.jpgIMG_4702 by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

A plate of turkey/beef mix burgers that turned into strange shaped meatballs (they were tiny!), and a pan of sautéed cauliflower rice that I ended up throwing out because after trying it three times in different recipes I have realized that I don't really like cauliflower rice that much :unsure::

31746642352_b685471228.jpgIMG_4719 by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

Why I *really* try not to keep nuts around - they're food without brakes for me:

31521499030_7a34d20b0a.jpgIMG_4720 by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

Potato salad made from roasted potatoes, boiled eggs, chopped red onion, chopped celery, salt, pepper and mayo:

31054142114_9854b8e5f2.jpgIMG_4705 by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

Mr. Meowgi likes my mayo, too. He's got good taste:

31084999853_6ee550b7ff.jpgIMG_4704 by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

31054133144_b3e06c9225.jpgIMG_4703 by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Glad it worked! When you paste the BBC code if you delete everything but what is between the s you'll get just a picture with no hyperlinks.  Leave the ....jpg but delete the stuff before and after it.   Does that make sense?

19 minutes ago, littleg said:

Glad it worked! When you paste the BBC code if you delete everything but what is between the s you'll get just a picture with no hyperlinks.  Leave the ....jpg but delete the stuff before and after it.   Does that make sense?

I'll try that the next time, but if I can't make it work, I'm ok having the little links there near the photos - people could check out all of my photo album uploads that way, which is OK too :)

I can't get the abbreviated hyperlink to work, so I'm ok with the little tags showing up alongside my photos. :P

Just thought that food prep can be so attractive:

31061984754_c16f329302.jpgIMG_4746[1] by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

31864815936_9aac98e875.jpgIMG_4748[1] by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

This was what the sausages looked like (three are done and the rest are in the pan with coconut oil):

31061993994_e933868ce1.jpgIMG_4747[1] by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

The eggplant was too ugly to take a photo of, but I sautéed it with coconut and sesame oils and added sea salt, and served it aside two links of sausage. Delicious! I had it for three lunches three days in a row.

Lunch at work one day last week - salad purchased at work, dressed in olive oil and vinegar, with cut up avocado and grilled steak I'd brought from home:

31152089554_e7b3e1b1ca.jpgIMG_4752[1] by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

Lunch another day at work - another serving of the grilled steak, served atop broccoli slaw mixed with homemade mayo:

31152083164_3e08005af9.jpgIMG_4756[1] by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

Another potato salad - this time with fresh parsley, red onion, celery, boiled eggs, Yukon gold potatoes, and homemade ranch:

31152094914_93241cdb91.jpgIMG_4750[1] by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

6 hours ago, NoMoreCrunchyCravings said:

Are you on your phone or tablet? I'm on a PC desktop and see everything fine. Do you see other people's photos and just not the ones in this thread?

On my Android devices everything's looks ok.   On my PC desktop I can't see any forum's photos.... 

IMG_20161224_115825_702.jpg

@Ana Monica Hmmmm I'm not sure. I use an iPad and iPhone when I am not on a desktop and haven't noticed whether or not I can see photos. I'm most often on a normal computer to read and post here for the forums. Perhaps post your question on the technical forum (I think it's the last one listed at the very bottom of the forum lists) - it's where I was seeking help for how to post photos and @littleg saw my pleas for help and responded, enabling me to continue posting to this thread.

Your photo looks great with the egg, beef, avo and veggies. I'd still be hungry if that's all I put onto my plate, but it certainly is beautiful!

I wish more people would post.  I love looking at these pictures!  

@NoMoreCrunchyCravings I gotta make some potato salad!  And broccoli slaw!  And ranch! 

No pictures - but we made these last night.  They were delicious (if you like coconut - hubs didn't like them because he doesn't like coconut).  Served with some Sunshine sauce (made with almond butter - still don't love it but its better than with sunflower butter) on the side, cauliflower fried rice.  When I eat the leftovers today I'll snap a picture ;) 

31859943792_763f739b69.jpg

Best lunch ever!  Leftover Chinese :)

Bora Bora balls, orange chicken, cauliflower fried rice, sunshine sauce and a few snap peas.  Bora Bora leftovers were warmed up, everything else eaten cold, because everyone knows leftover Chinese is eaten cold!

(Caution - for people looking, this is non-compliant during the Whole 30 as today is a reintroduction day post-w30 for me.)

Today is my glutinous grains reintroduction day. No gut issues at all, but BOY AM I TIRED! I took two (read it - TWO) naps today because of the carb high followed by blood glucose lows. I ate bread with breakfast, noodles with lunch and I didn't get out of the house today to get stuff for a delicious spinach salad with fruits and nuts, but I did make a very special glutinous grains containing New Year's Eve meal with lots of symbolism to share with my husband: long intertwined pan fried noodles to symbolize our long life ahead intermingled and unable to be unraveled, shrimp to symbolize how diminutive our sad 2016 was in the grand scheme of things, fried eggs to symbolize fertility in the hopes that the coming year(s) will bring us closer to starting a family, green onions to symbolize spring's approach and rebirth, sesame seeds to show that while the details can get lost in the mix, sometimes they're the most important (flavorful) part of everything, and sautéed onions and peppers which are a solid start to any good recipe, and as such, will help us have a good solid start to the new year. We will also have cookies after the year turns to help us remember that 2017 will be a sweet one for us and to remind us that together, our love can get us through anything.

May we all have wonderful health, joy, love and peace during the new year and always.

(Caution - for people looking, this is non-compliant during the Whole 30 as today is a reintroduction day post-w30 for me.)

31206048953_820d5a9946.jpgIMG_4759[1] by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

Back to posting about w30 compliance - I ate this for lunch today with my reintroduction/noncompliant noodles:

Chicken salad made with compliant rotisserie chicken, homemade ranch, chopped red onion, chopped celery, and LOTS of fresh squeezed lemon juice. It was simple to make and SIMPLY DELICIOUS!

31641402210_d358d6b58f.jpgIMG_4758[1] by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

I'm prepped, packed and ready. I'll be gone a week while touring Iceland, so I won't be able to upload any photos, but I might be able to check back to the forum and read posts. I wanted to share a photo of what I'll be bringing along with me, as I have no idea if I'll be able to stay w30 compliant, or mostly compliant, and aside from tastes and some culinary experimentation, I'd really rather just continue to eat Whole 30ish while I'm traveling. So, without further ado, here's what I have prepared as emergency rations. The cornucopia includes tuna and olives with pop tops to pack in my checked luggage (in ziplocks - I hope they don't explode!), fried eggs, leftover fried eggwhites (from making mayo) with red onion rings, green olives, assorted Greek olives, almond crusted basa filets, dried mango and pineapple, cashews, pecans and pistachio nuts, strawberries, blueberries, clementines and two bananas. My husband looked at me like I was crazy, but I want to be sure I'll be feeling at my best so I can enjoy this experience! :P

31217531404_d043d0f3a0.jpgIMG_4771[1] by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

31683686760_c9f7bb06ee.jpgIMG_4770[1] by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

31921391741_465bdce183.jpgIMG_4763[1] by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

32038746805_3c4bdf4bf5.jpgIMG_4765[1] by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

31197816244_8433d998d7.jpgIMG_4764[1] by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

Not pictured are the RX bars that I've also packed in my luggage for just in case events. I noticed that they're a little hard because I haven't had to eat them and have had them for awhile. LOL I guess I don't eat as many "emergency" foods as I thought I might have. :D

I'm so excited that my image upload seems to be working! (I had some issues with trying to do this in my profile.) Anyway, I'm looking for a support community, as this is my Day 2. Not totally sure how to do that, so I'm posting this image of my breakfast this morning of a banana, some blueberries and an almond butter I made in the Vitamix (almonds, pinch of fleur de sel, and a little coconut oil.) It really hit the spot, with some green tea on the side. Hoping I'm doing things right here! I'd welcome guidance and any advice for where to go to create community and take part in a support system day by day. Thanks for your input, I'm so happy to be here!

IMG_1803.jpg

Archived