What's on YOUR plate? Whole 30 food photos!

• Whole30 Certified Coach

@Trina Jackson  drool

@NoMoreCrunchyCravings Hanging in there!  He's up almost 5 lbs in 6 weeks!  We are getting a few 3 hr stretches of sleep from him now.  He's still really cute - though he exploded out of both ends at once this morning and got sprayed off in the kitchen sink :) Good thing breastmilk poop doesn't stink!  

32774292251_9159068150.jpg

butternut squash, haricots verts, breakfast sausage under eggies while bub was SLEEPING (though not long enough to eat it...)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Trina Jackson said:

20170214_182339.jpg

IMG_20170214_194108_735.jpg

Oh man - that looks SO freaking good!

3 hours ago, littleg said:

@Trina Jackson  drool

@NoMoreCrunchyCravings Hanging in there!  He's up almost 5 lbs in 6 weeks!  We are getting a few 3 hr stretches of sleep from him now.  He's still really cute - though he exploded out of both ends at once this morning and got sprayed off in the kitchen sink :) Good thing breastmilk poop doesn't stink!  

32774292251_9159068150.jpg

butternut squash, haricots verts, breakfast sausage under eggies while bub was SLEEPING (though not long enough to eat it...)

Yikes - the explosion doesn't sound so fun, good thing you had it all under control! Breakfast looks good - sorry you're not getting to rest and eat in longer stretches... but so glad the little one is giving you so much joy!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been sick with a cold for a few days, and instead of cooking or eating food I'd already made, I chose to drink broth for the last couple of days. LOTS AND LOTS OF BROTH! But today I was off from work, and while I'm still sick, I wanted to plan for the 40+ hours I'll be spending at work over the next three days. So I made this:

Three containers for work, each containing 1.5 sausages, with (ugly but delicious) stewed eggplant, sautéed julienned sweet potato, and a hard boiled egg (olives not pictured):

33080146815_3b167c03b3.jpgIMG_4962[1] by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

Sautéed swai fillets seasoned with garlic, onion and mustard powders, paprika and cracked black pepper:

32953241651_cf51c30112.jpgIMG_4961[1] by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

Pan seared salmon with crispy skin, with steamed zucchini rounds and boiled plantain and packed into containers for work (olives not pictured):

33038735826_5eb97f341c.jpgIMG_4965[1] by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

32925836872_be46188b98.jpgIMG_4966[1] by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my Night #30 dinner:

Day30 dinner.jpg

Went to a little extra effort for the occasion. I made seared ahi with a salt/black pepper/red pepper/fresh thyme crust, ghee-slathered baked plantains and an arugula/beet kraut/avocado salad.

I've got to say, this was good!

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:49 PM, Eccentrica said:

Here's my Night #30 dinner:

Day30 dinner.jpg

Went to a little extra effort for the occasion. I made seared ahi with a salt/black pepper/red pepper/fresh thyme crust, ghee-slathered baked plantains and an arugula/beet kraut/avocado salad.

I've got to say, this was good!

This looks delicious!!!

Just some things I cooked today in preparation for the week ahead:

The skin was delicious!

33414243171_0bd85b7a89.jpgIMG_5018 by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

So was the rest of it!

33502029016_86e3e7b5c8.jpgIMG_5019 by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

So many effing eggs... delicious! But, out of the nine I cooked, I broke the yolks on three of them. Ugh. I'm a terrible eggshell opener and egg flipper.

33502030886_daf49c4a81.jpgIMG_5017 by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

Slow cooker beef with cabbage, onions, celery and carrots. Yum!

33414244491_a73083f5ab.jpgIMG_5016 by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

• 3 weeks later...

I've had quite a few off-the-rails weeks (months?) but have continued to enjoy cooking Whole 30 foods and starting each day as if it's going to be another w30 day, regardless of whether or not it ends that way. Here's what I ate for breakfast today:

Two little hamburgers, one fried egg (I broke the yolk-- the horror!), a pile of sautéed broccoli and asparagus, and one and a half crash potatoes, all topped with some mayo.

33956453895_552b08f926.jpgIMG_5106[1] by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2017 at 1:10 PM, Trina Jackson said:

Here was our Valentines Day dinner. We started with Baked Blackberry Prosciutto Cups and our main was Lemon Ghee Seared Scallops and Bacon Wrapped Asparagus. Delicious!

20170214_182339.jpg

IMG_20170214_194108_735.jpg

I would love more recipes by you, and I'm sure others would agree these look amazingly delicious! 

The flavors are amazing!

Using leftover BBQ or Grilled meat:

I used:

1 grilled chicken breast (marinated in fresh squeezed lemon juice, fresh squeezed orange juice, rosemary and thyme and black pepper) - chopped up.

Over low heat, in a large frying pan drizzled with olive oil add:

Chopped meat (the chicken) 

6 cups of baby spinach

15 cherry tomatoes - split in half

The juice from half a large lemon.

Black pepper & Kosher salt to taste. 

Serve with the other half of the lemon to eat with your meal or drizzle over food.

This is good with any meat that you may have BBQ's or grilled the day before! 

Lemon juice just makes the meal outstanding! 

Shown here is only 1/2 of what was in the pan. 

I will try to post more meals as I make them. I'm new here so guidance is appreciated. 

IMG_3779.JPG

• 5 months later...

I'm baaaaaack! I've been gone for almost six months, but have decided to refresh my w30 sensibilities to get better on track. Yesterday I made a huge pot of hearty veggie and meat sauce (with onions, garlic, broccoli, garden tomatoes, bacon and bacon grease, garden eggplants, and turkey meatballs) to eat over baked potatoes (will have olives on the side). I'm really looking forward to eating better, feeling better, and posting lots of photos along the way!

IMG_5781.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Archived