January 2nd start date

calibilly

I have read It Starts With Food and the Whole 30. I planned on starting in the spring and that didn't happen. After my yearly dr app I realized I really need to take control on my health. I have gained weight and I feel terrible. I am tired and sluggish every day. I sit at a desk all day and find myself mindlessly eating "snacks" all day. I am eating way too much processed food because I am too lazy to cook after my work day. The drive thru after a long day is much easier than cooking a meal.  I am starting now with my meal planning now so I can hopefully break that habit. I am trying to get my husband to start with me too. But even if he won't I will still starting on the 2nd.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be starting with you!  I completed my first round in October this year.  I did feel better, but I have since gone overboard eating cheese and other milk products which is bad because I was allergic to milk growing up.  I realized after the W30 R1 I am still allergic.  I am looking forward to starting, and I'm enjoying picking which recipes to make from  the WHOLE 30 cookbook!

That is awesome that you have completed a whole 30. I hope I can say the same after January. I am curious to see which foods affect me negatively when I reintroduce them. I've always had gastro issues but never took the time to figure out the cause. So I hope to lose weight, have more energy and figure out which foods to stay away from.  I will have to purchase the cook book, I need all the help and info I can acquire to help me with this challenge.

I am starting January 2nd, also!  I am very nervous.  I am afraid that I will not have food prepared and I will be hungry and make poor choices!

But I am looking forward to feeling better, to having energy, to seeing what other amazing improvements that I will find!!

• Moderators
2 hours ago, SWalker1 said:

I am afraid that I will not have food prepared and I will be hungry and make poor choices!

Some things that might help with having food prepared: do a weekly cookup each week -- most people do them on Sundays, but whatever day works for you. Here's an actual one-week meal plan that uses that method, if you want a more concrete example of how it works. Also check out this post about meals that you can throw together easily.

I'm starting on Jan 2 as well.  First time, and I'm definitely a bit intimidated.  I've done lots of 'elimination diets' before, but this looks like a whole new level of challenging.  But, I'm ready and eager to feel better and take back control of my diet, so it's time to put the work in!   I look forward to getting to know you all better as we start this journey together.  

I'll be joining all of you in January as well! I am excited to be a part of this community and finally make a change in my life. 

I'm a 23-year-old newlywed Colorado native and I hope to connect with other people of all types to get through this challenge. Good luck everyone! 

The holidays aren't really over for me until January 2, so I am starting then too. Did a couple weeks of W30 before Thanksgiving, so I know cutting out dairy and grains make me feel a million times better. Looking forward to cleaning up my eating habits in the new year for good!

On 12/20/2016 at 7:02 PM, calibilly said:

I have read It Starts With Food and the Whole 30. I planned on starting in the spring and that didn't happen. After my yearly dr app I realized I really need to take control on my health. I have gained weight and I feel terrible. I am tired and sluggish every day. I sit at a desk all day and find myself mindlessly eating "snacks" all day. I am eating way too much processed food because I am too lazy to cook after my work day. The drive thru after a long day is much easier than cooking a meal.  I am starting now with my meal planning now so I can hopefully break that habit. I am trying to get my husband to start with me too. But even if he won't I will still starting on the 2nd.

LOL! You have just described me, perfectly except that my desk is at home so I don't even make the effort to go to a drive thru. I'm guilty of having wine, cheese and crackers for dinner far too often because I couldn't be bothered to fix a meal.

I'm on day 29 of my first round and found this plan much easier to stick to than I expected. I'm definitely in for another round in January.

Jill

I am starting on the second, sounds like I will have lots of folks in the same situation. I feel a bit better knowing I am not alone. Also, sound like some of you are a bit intimidated like myself. I am looking forward to the challenge. My biggest worry is black coffee. I love my non-dairy creamer but its got sugar,  so black it is... yikes. I can do this, I have three grown daughters, now that was hard. See you at the end.

Dream big dreams, they never have expiration dates...

Oh My!!  I'm so excited to find you guys!  I completed my first round of Whole 30 in August but went on vacation about a week later and we didn't reintroduce correctly.  In fact, we failed miserably.  We totally compliant though with the first 30 days and felt awesome after the initial shock to my body passed.  While this is not a diet, I get that, I did manage to lose 26 pounds, lost my cravings for sweets, bread, and cheese.  I'm just not doing very well at planning and feeling a bit lazy....

Excited to have others to go on this journey with!!!

On 12/22/2016 at 2:13 PM, SWalker1 said:

I am starting January 2nd, also!  I am very nervous.  I am afraid that I will not have food prepared and I will be hungry and make poor choices!

I just today spent a few minutes creating snack baggies to keep in my car and work tote.  I weighed out 1oz of almonds and put them in ziplocs.  Almonds have saved my fanny a bunch of times.  

Hi all, I am also starting on January 2nd which also happens to be my 58th birthday. I am very excited to start my year off learning something about myself and my relationship with food. I admit I am also very nervous, I have tried to start twice before but chickened out before day one. 

Starting January 2, but pretty worried about it.  The last time I tried to cut sugar, I got pretty sick.  I also live in a very stressful household with people who love to bake and keep all kind of junk food in the refrigerator and cabinets.  Stress eating has become a way of life, so the next week will be huge for planning, journaling, and getting more real food in the house.  

Archived