January 2nd start date

calibilly

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting my second round today! I first attempted Whole30 in October, and did really well until the 3rd week. I noticed a difference in how I felt and looked, so I want to see how much better I'll feel January 31. I look forward to getting to know all of you! :)

Starting today too!  Up early and made breakfast sausage from the Whole30 book (mostly to freeze, didn't get to it yesterday) and then made breakfast.  An egg scramble with some chopped veggies and a bit of leftover chicken from making the protein salad.  Plus some side veggies and some avocado.  I decided on tea for now, rather than doing black coffee.  Feeling good so far!

On 12/24/2016 at 7:58 AM, ctabz58 said:

I am starting on the second, sounds like I will have lots of folks in the same situation. I feel a bit better knowing I am not alone. Also, sound like some of you are a bit intimidated like myself. I am looking forward to the challenge. My biggest worry is black coffee. I love my non-dairy creamer but its got sugar,  so black it is... yikes. I can do this, I have three grown daughters, now that was hard. See you at the end.

Dream big dreams, they never have expiration dates...

I also love my coffee with creamer. In my previous round of Whole30 I switched to drinking black tea because I couldn't drink my coffee black. I slid right back into sweet/creamy coffee after that round ended though so I'm back for Round 2 this month. Enjoyed my earl grey tea this morning! :)

Good luck to you!

On 12/22/2016 at 0:45 PM, MimiRobin said:

I will be starting my 2nd W30 on 1/2/17.  I completed my first this past August.  Looking forward to all the support we can give each other.

Same here! I finished my first in August. I'm ready to feel that tiger blood again!

Here's to a great Round 2! 

16 hours ago, Oh the Irony said:

Hi all! I"m also starting on the 2nd. I've been reading up and making some recipes for the last 6 weeks. I didn't want to start over holidays but have been excited to start. 

I've had some episodes of vertigo recently and my ear feels funny (like it's under water) 70% of the time. I'm hoping that by reducing inflammation in my body I can help the condition. Also hoping to sleep better, have more energy, and end the food cravings. Happy I don't have to work tomorrow and can focus on cooking some good food.  

Assuming you've checked to see that you don't have an ear infection, I suffer the "water in the ear" feeling during allergy season, which is definitely made worse if I'm not eating right.  Doc said it was caused by pressure in my sinuses.  On another note, my dad suffered horrible vertigo in spells for years, to the point where he could not drive himself at times and gave up his pilot's license.  During experimentation and elimination of foods, they finally determined the cause to be sugar.  If he stays off the sugar, he has no vertigo.  Good luck to you, at the least you will feel better at the end, and hopefully your ear issue will be cleared up. :)

Good morning everyone! Just returned home yesterday after holiday travels and am excited to get this party started!!  I won't start whining about timeline issues until day 2 or 3, lol.  I've been on a few rounds of W30, with varying degrees of success, depending entirely on my own attitude, level of preparation, and level of commitment to sticking it out. :) I'm feeling good about this one, totally ready to be committed to putting myself in order.  Up until the week of travelling, I would have said the timeline wasn't going to bite me too much, but I did some serious backsliding into snack habit while flying.  And, while at my daughter's, discovered that I still need to leave chocolate alone.  Up until the last couple of weeks, I was 95 percent paleo compliant, but too heavy on the fruits and wandered into the corn again with an "addiction" to gorditas.  I imagine I will have a "surprise" battle with the sugar dragon this next couple of weeks, but will be happy to stay away from the scale, afraid to see what I did to myself this week. 

My tips for the first timers in the group are Prep, prep, prep. Don't be afraid to grab frozen veggies if you are suddenly overwhelmed by the prepping and find yourself with no time - my local grocer has organic, chopped/diced varieties of everything from squash and sweet potato to onions and green peppers.  Frozen is better than falling out of the program and giving up because you are worn out. DO plan those "go to" meals, you'll need them. On the coffee situation, try a little coconut oil or some full fat coconut milk. The right variety of cinnamon added if you like flavored coffees. :)  Stick blenders and crock pots are your friends!

Seriously, we CAN do this! We are every one of us worth the effort and there are amazing benefits coming our way.  (Why yes, I am sitting here drinking my coffee, why do you ask? :D )

OH!! And I got an InstaPot for Christmas!! Looking forward to using it.  Ironically, I bought my son one through Amazon and was whining because I didn't have one, lol.  Who says men never listen? (Thank you DH!)

Hey everyone! Starting today as well. This is my second Whole30. I'm particularly focused on cutting out all sugary foods because that's something that's particularly hard for me. This time, I'm not eating fruit and focusing on reducing the amount of nuts I eat while on the program. Any type of sweetener really kicks off sugar cravings for me, and if I eat too much sugar I'll get sugar headaches the following day and feel tired, depressed and lethargic. For people new to whole30, this is NOT something required on the program, I'm just particularly sensitive to sugar and thus focusing on eliminating it as much as possible.

Happy New Year everyone!  Started my 3rd W30 in 3 years yesterday.  Seems to be an annual tradition to help reset my body and slay the post-holidays-sugar beast. Though I have done the W30 before ( with great success I might add) I love trying new recipes and tips to mix things up and keep it fresh. Today for the first time I made egg muffin frittatas and they're delicious and I have breakfast covered for days. For newbies, Melissa Joulwan's Well Fed recipes are so tasty even the kids and husband enjoy!  

Great luck everyone.    

kellygirl

P.S. Being part of the forum has most certainly been a big key to my success with the program so you're already off to a great start!

So ready to jump on board- got home late last night from vacay so today will be my shopping/prep day. I cleared out the pantry of junk food before I left so there would be no temptations when I arrived home. Looking forward to feeling better and more energized. 

I started today too! I am so excited to get back Into a healthy lifestyle and feel healthier. I completed two rounds of Whole 30 before my wedding in September 2016. I  never felt better, but then I skipped the reintroduction portion. After my wedding I ate whatever I wanted (I was vert strict with my diet for 6 months before my big day and just wanted to relax). We went to Europe for our honeymoon and I indulged in  food and wine...A LOT of wine lol. My unhealthy habits continued through the holidays and well here I am. I feel terrible compared to how I felt while I was eating healthier and on Whole 30. I'm ready for a change. I'm ready to be healthy again.  I'm ready to feel amazing again! Looking forward to the next 30 days and to completing the reintroduction portion this time around! We can do this!!!

Sidenote: We spent Holidays with my family and are driving 11 hours today. I prepped food for our ride home. I made chicken salad with homemade mayo. Packed vegetables, fruit, salad with Tessemae's dressing, walnuts and almonds. This will not be easy, but I'm going to do it! 

My husband said he'd start today with me. I came down to the kitchen this morning and he was having yogurt and fruit. Lol guess I'm in this without him. My sister and mom live 11 hours away, but they are doing this with me. So at least I have all of you and them. 

Best of luck to all and Happy New Year!

Melissa

My husband and I started today too.  Looking forward to a healthier attitude toward food, and hopefully losing a few pounds along the way.  So far, so good today. I had eggs and potatoes for breakfast and a tuna and avocado salad for lunch. I have a dinner plan for the next 5 days. Usually when I am home all day I want to snack, but I actually haven't felt too hungry today. Not sure if that will last, but I hope so!

Good luck everyone!

Allyson

Hi everyone! My husband and I started today, and so far, so good (my husband has it easy - all he has to do is eat the food I put in front of him, as I'm the one planning and cooking). I have a bunch of meat (not grassfed - seriously, who can afford that?) in the freezer, a little bit of homemade breakfast sausage, and homemade bone broth ready to go. I'm pretty nervous about those nights after work where you're just too tired to cook, or you have to run errands and get home late. I've been known to run through the DQ drive-thru once or twice on nights like that. Hopefully  My Will Power > Tiredness ...

Happy New Year, Everyone! Starting my second whole30 today. The last one was in October 2013.

Looking forward to alleviating many of my digestive problems over the coming weeks. Doing massive prep today (pork stew in crock pot, roast chicken & butternut squash) before I go back to work tomorrow.

7 hours ago, C_Cezeaux said:

Assuming you've checked to see that you don't have an ear infection, I suffer the "water in the ear" feeling during allergy season, which is definitely made worse if I'm not eating right.  Doc said it was caused by pressure in my sinuses.  On another note, my dad suffered horrible vertigo in spells for years, to the point where he could not drive himself at times and gave up his pilot's license.  During experimentation and elimination of foods, they finally determined the cause to be sugar.  If he stays off the sugar, he has no vertigo.  Good luck to you, at the least you will feel better at the end, and hopefully your ear issue will be cleared up. :)

Good to hear! Yes, no ear infection. They think I have Meneire's Disease.  I'm am  avid motorcyclist so it has slowed me down in a way that doesn't work for me. That's what I figure too--at the least I will feel better but perhaps I can resolve the ear issue! 

My day 1 went really well!! No cravings or wanting to eat anything off-plan. I prepped food for the week today as I had the day off--made lemon pork loin in crock pot, zucchini noodles with a grass fed beef spaghetti sauce, roasted brussel sprouts, roasted chicken thighs, and zucchini soup. Several of the recipes were from the Well Fed cookbooks--they are so good!

Oh, breakfast was an arugula salad with a balsamic/bacon fat dressing, with bacon and fried eggs. This one was from Nom Nom Paleo. 

Enjoyed my emails a great deal--very good content. Especially liked the ideas on what to do in 5, 10, 30 minutes.

Day 2 is planned, prepped, prepared, and in the right containers to make tomorrow easy. 

8 hours ago, laurasmith said:

Same here! I finished my first in August. I'm ready to feel that tiger blood again!

Here's to a great Round 2! 

Laura, even though I did a Whole30 in August, I did not join this forum for it.  So this is new to me.  I wish you and everyone else a great 30 days!

for Oh the Irony and any other ear sufferers, if you notice your symptoms go away during Whole30, pay extra attention during Reintroductions after you finish, keep a food diary.

Some know ear-irritants include dairy and peanuts (surprise!), but really, anything which causes inflammation can cause this feeling.

Archived