Why does the BJs restaurant house salad say it contains soy?

CaseyLee

HI. I start my first Whole30 tomorrow and a crowd of us are going to BJ's restaurant to watch the Rose Bowl. lol

I have been researching their menu - figuring I would eat at home before I went and then have a house salad there. The nutritional info says the house salad contains milk and soy. Could this be the cheese and croutons? I was thinking if I had the house salad without the cheese and croutons - with lemon and avocado - and maybe I'd be safe. Is that right?

And I assume grilled veggies are out? As they might be 'grilled' in some not-compliant oil?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

CaseyLee

I would call and ask them. Maybe you can even get plain grilled chicken or shrimp to put on your salad. If I have to go to a restaurant while I'm doing w30, I will call in advance and tell them my dietary restrictions (no soy, dairy, gluten, sweeteners or sugar) and ask if they can grill up a non-marinated piece of protein to put in a dry salad of just greens. Usually they are ok with it. Some chains can't do it because all of their cooked foods come pre-frozen from factories.

On 1/1/2017 at 5:36 PM, NoMoreCrunchyCravings said:

I would call and ask them. Maybe you can even get plain grilled chicken or shrimp to put on your salad. If I have to go to a restaurant while I'm doing w30, I will call in advance and tell them my dietary restrictions (no soy, dairy, gluten, sweeteners or sugar) and ask if they can grill up a non-marinated piece of protein to put in a dry salad of just greens. Usually they are ok with it. Some chains can't do it because all of their cooked foods come pre-frozen from factories.

A belated THANK YOU SO MUCH! This worked perfectly! I got a nice steak (non-marinated) on fresh greens! PERFECT!

Archived