Jerky

Tnuge

I want to have some jerky as an on-hand snack for when I am on the run for work, but I don't know what kind to get that doesn't have brown sugar. Is there anyone can tell me if I can have brown sugar in the jerky or if they have a brand that they like?

No sugar! In anything!

If you follow the meal template you won't need to snack. :)

Some people do keep bars or jerky for emergencies. That said, there are very few real emergencies in the typical 30 days. 

From my point of view, running around for work just means you need to carry a compliant meal with you. 

As for jerky, I avoid it as I want to avoid processed foods and "products" as much as possible. There are some kinds of Epic bars that are compliant, but again, I just carry a meal with me. 

I saw this and started thinking.... then started talking to a few friends doing the W30. Epic is an approved brand and their bars are part of an approved Whole30 pack; however, brown sugar is listed as an ingredient in some of the bars in the approved pack. I know sugar and all it's many names is a no-go.....any insight into this would be helpful!!! 

Not every Epic bar is compliant. None of the Whole30 people will tell you that they're all compliant. You still have to check labels. The ones with sugar are out. The ones with all compliant ingredients are fine. 

Just like many Tessemae's products are approved, but some aren't. 

Archived