What if I'm not hungry?

Jsunshine87

How long is it since your last meal? What did you eat at your last meal? What were the portions like?

Lack of hunger can be indicative of a hormonal imbalance if it's been some time since your last meal, and your last meal wasn't particularly large. Unfortunately NOT eating will only perpetuate the problem so we'd recommend you at least TRY to eat (ensuring you get a little of each food group) then wrap up what's left but go back to it as soon as you feel able - and by that I don't mean when it's time for your next meal.... You'll be surprised how quickly your appetite will come around.

Hope this helps.

You would be correct to assume that my last meal was hours ago, but it was pretty substantial.  It did take me a while to eat however (I'm at work).  I've had a problem with eating enough in the past and have been more prone to eating a little bit at a time from a meal or snacking.  I have tried to get down some of the food I made for dinner tonight and feel like I'm just not interested in it.  So would you recommend that I keep trying to eat it?

Yup, keep trying to eat what you can. The fact that you've been more prone to grazing/snacking in the past means it might take a little time for your appetite to adjust fully, but it's something that you just need to keep working at...

Archived