Starting Jan 8th, looking for buddies!

Tatchyana

I totally see what you are saying about the snacking. I was talking about when it comes to hunger that is so overbearing waiting for dinner. I don't typically snack until while I making dinner so it's something quick I need to make it through. Or if I'm out running errands and not home in time for lunch. I'll go off the program if I'm not prepared for those moments ;)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@pambakker Yup, I have those moments too. I love and loathe that about whole 30. It makes me a lot more mindful and conscious about what I'm putting into my body. Normally when I'm hungry or feeling peckish, I just grab whatever is handy or what I crave. But *now*, I have a pause button (aka whole 30) and I really have to think about if I'm hungry or have a craving and then how to fuel my body. Having those emergency snacks already prepped and handy makes a huge difference. Good luck! :)

I'm a horrible snacker. 4:00 and before bed are the worst. I can't sleep if I'm hungry. For the first few days while my body adjusts, I have allowed those snacks. But now I am shifting to the thought process of "am I really hungry enough to eat a salad and a chunk of meat?". I'm working on it.

today I am exhausted and emotionally drained. I have compliant food but no desire to eat leftovers or cook. Plowing through though. My meals won't be as elegant as the recipes you are posting. Applegate hot dogs and veggies for me today. Back to cooking tomorrow.

On 10/01/2017 at 11:29 AM, Rkrzywda said:

I'm a horrible snacker. 4:00 and before bed are the worst. I can't sleep if I'm hungry. For the first few days while my body adjusts, I have allowed those snacks. But now I am shifting to the thought process of "am I really hungry enough to eat a salad and a chunk of meat?". I'm working on it.

today I am exhausted and emotionally drained. I have compliant food but no desire to eat leftovers or cook. Plowing through though. My meals won't be as elegant as the recipes you are posting. Applegate hot dogs and veggies for me today. Back to cooking tomorrow.

Hey Rkrzywda! It's ok if you don't feel like cooking today, tomorrow you will, as long as you don't get off the program. I guess this is exactly why the Hartwigs put all that effort to tell us we must prepare ahead, making some meals and options in advance, exactly for the moment you are facing right now. We are here. Enjoy your hot dog!

I had some challenges today but I made it. I sautéed zucchini, tomatoes, shrimp, and snow peas in garlic olive oil and ghee for dinner. It was supposed to be more elaborate- zoodles w shrimp and romesco sauce - but still tasted good. Trader Joe's has compliant jerky sticks FYI. I had to eat one around 5:30 as I was prepping dinner. On to day 4, feeling pretty good and wishing everyone continued success. 

Tacos for dinner for the family. So I had the chicken taco meat on a salad with my homemade salsa. That's how I'm having to do my dinners. What I make for the rest I make sure the protein is compliant and I add my veggies. I ran and got a few things today so I can make ketchup and BBQ sauce. I'm going to just do leftovers tomorrow but I'm adding some fingerling potatoes or potatoe hash in the morning. I made a sausage and bell pepper frittata this morning, was able to store most of it. And made some sausage patties precooked and froze them to pull them out when needed. 

I discovered cold passion tea today and oh my goodness was that a great thing. Tazo makes a passion one and it's yummy. I added LaCroix plain sparkling water to my second glass, better than a Dr Pepper, which was my favorite soda! I'm noticing my tastes are changing already! Praises!!! 

10 minutes ago, Rkrzywda said:

Not hungry at all this morning, which is rare for me. Sugar level evening out or coming down with something? I have a bit of a scratchy throat. Anyone else feel this way?

I was feeling the scratchy throat the first couple days but my body pushed through it. I'm hungrier today than yesterday. I pray you aren't getting anything! Lots of water ;)

19 minutes ago, Rkrzywda said:

Not hungry at all this morning, which is rare for me. Sugar level evening out or coming down with something? I have a bit of a scratchy throat. Anyone else feel this way?

I think it's normal. My friend is doing it, but she's on her second round and almost a week ahead and she felt like she was getting sick around day 4-5. 

I had a really terrible headache yesterday but I added in some extra protein at dinner and felt better. 

I also had a MAJOR sweets craving last night. I didn't think sweets would be the hardest part (cheese and carbs are my vices) but man...I ended up just going to bed instead. 

Day 3 here and last night was a challenge. I had a nice chicken breast, veggies, and some red skinned potatoes ready to be eaten, but then I got a fire call, so my dinner ended up being devoured by the kids and my husband. I grabbed 2 hard boiled eggs on my way out the door, but didn't get a chance to eat them until 2 hours later and by the time i got home, I was tired. So this morning I had a nice big breakfast veggie scramble. my husband is making me some meat and spinach muffins from WellFed today (my favorite on the go food!!!) so I will have something good waiting for me at home and something to take when I chaperone my Step Daughter's field trip tomorrow. 

I also made some Lizard sauce over the weekend and am almost out of it!!! I legit use it on EVERYTHING!!!! so yummy.... For everyone who is a first timer I cannot recommend an immersion blender enough... it is a solid investment and I use mine all the time to whip up homemade mayo in seconds and the lizard sauce quickly.... a time saver for sure!!!!

20 hours ago, Pam Baker said:

Tacos for dinner for the family. So I had the chicken taco meat on a salad with my homemade salsa. That's how I'm having to do my dinners. What I make for the rest I make sure the protein is compliant and I add my veggies. I ran and got a few things today so I can make ketchup and BBQ sauce. I'm going to just do leftovers tomorrow but I'm adding some fingerling potatoes or potatoe hash in the morning. I made a sausage and bell pepper frittata this morning, was able to store most of it. And made some sausage patties precooked and froze them to pull them out when needed. 

I discovered cold passion tea today and oh my goodness was that a great thing. Tazo makes a passion one and it's yummy. I added LaCroix plain sparkling water to my second glass, better than a Dr Pepper, which was my favorite soda! I'm noticing my tastes are changing already! Praises!!! 

Hey I just ordered some la croix yesterday and can't wait for it to arrive. Hopefully help get the "glass of wine" monkey off my back! 

Hello all. I've had a longstanding problem with my ear- decades- been to many doctors and no one could help. A feeling of fullness and discomfort that is sometimes painful. I don't know if it's related but I've had tinnitus since spring now too. Anyway as soon as I get 3-4 days into any kind of cleanse, it starts hurting a lot. That is the case today and usually I numb the discomfort with alcohol frankly!! My brain is constantly telling me to have a glass of wine and I keep making herbal tea. Last night my husband made a mocktail w muddled mint and cucumber, lime juice, and sparkling spring water. It was a really nice little treat. Anyway I'm hoping this ear pain can get better and it's going to take some strength to get through it. Thanks and my best :)

• Administrators

Hi @Overeducatedopinion - Sorry that your ear is bothering you. That's a terrible place to have pain! Know that you can take pain relievers while on Whole30 if you feel that you need them. I'm not sure if they work on your particular pain but they are permitted, we don't expect anyone to suffer. Acetaminophen is less gut-disruptive but ibuprofen is permitted also if you can't take the other or it doesn't work. 

Has anyone else started a food journal? I started one and just jot down my workout that day, and what I ate. Made some delicious pork chops the other night, marinated in apple cider vinegar with Cayenne pepper and smoked paprika. Somehow a miracle occurred in the oven and they came out with a sweet BBQ flavor. It was nice to have that in my journal because I starred it as a 'make again!' Whole30 concoction. Had a moment last night where I lost my cooking desire/creativity and ended up pan frying a steak in a little EVOO with salt, pepper and garlic, and adding some sliced bell and hot peppers, so at least I was able to stay Whole30 compliant, whew! I got some Kombucha today and am looking forward to seeing how it works as a cocktail replacement tonight!

1 hour ago, Lucky0507 said:

Has anyone else started a food journal? I started one and just jot down my workout that day, and what I ate. Made some delicious pork chops the other night, marinated in apple cider vinegar with Cayenne pepper and smoked paprika. Somehow a miracle occurred in the oven and they came out with a sweet BBQ flavor. It was nice to have that in my journal because I starred it as a 'make again!' Whole30 concoction. Had a moment last night where I lost my cooking desire/creativity and ended up pan frying a steak in a little EVOO with salt, pepper and garlic, and adding some sliced bell and hot peppers, so at least I was able to stay Whole30 compliant, whew! I got some Kombucha today and am looking forward to seeing how it works as a cocktail replacement tonight!

Thanks for reminding me I have kombucha in the fridge!

5 hours ago, Overeducatedopinion said:

Hello all. I've had a longstanding problem with my ear- decades- been to many doctors and no one could help. A feeling of fullness and discomfort that is sometimes painful. I don't know if it's related but I've had tinnitus since spring now too. Anyway as soon as I get 3-4 days into any kind of cleanse, it starts hurting a lot. That is the case today and usually I numb the discomfort with alcohol frankly!! My brain is constantly telling me to have a glass of wine and I keep making herbal tea. Last night my husband made a mocktail w muddled mint and cucumber, lime juice, and sparkling spring water. It was a really nice little treat. Anyway I'm hoping this ear pain can get better and it's going to take some strength to get through it. Thanks and my best :)

I'm so sorry that you are in pain! Hopefully it will subside as you continue. Don't give up!

I think I officially entered "Kill all the things" last night. My daughter was acting up all night then refused to put on her pjs and I lost it and screamed at her. I felt really bad after and apologized. I put myself to bed early and feel better and more balanced today. 

Also, a friend told me my skin looked really nice today. I haven't really noticed, but hey, I'll take it! 

11 hours ago, Tatchyana said:

I'm sorry to hear that too! This may be a long shot, but have you ever looked into candida overgrowth as a possible cause? 

In any case, I hope you find relief! 

Thank you for your support. Yes I did candida treatment for a long time and I've just recently completed an h. Pylori treatment. I don't have candida in my gut but I guess it could still be in my ear independently? Maybe I'll look into that some more

Regarding snacking: I'm on my second Whole30 and now a pro at keeping snacks on hand ... This is what's in my travel bag, desk drawer, and work bag:

small packets of single-serving almond butter and coconut butter; Epic brand bacon bites; dried fruits; nuts; tea bags. 

Those will just about tide me over through anything, plus they're all really portable.

Regarding the chili in the slow cooker ... have you stirred it once, to move everything around? If it's been in there 6-8 hours, it's going to be done as long as your crock pot is working right.

Hey there! I've had a really great day! Cravings are starting to subside, hunger is decreasing, and I was able to get out of the house alone, which doesn't happen much these days.

Quick question- what's the rule on sparkling water? I have a zero calorie mandarin orange one in my cupboard. The ingredients say carbonated water and natural flavors. Do we trust "natural flavors"?  Just checking! Thanks! Keep it up everyone!

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Rkrzywda said:

Hey there! I've had a really great day! Cravings are starting to subside, hunger is decreasing, and I was able to get out of the house alone, which doesn't happen much these days.

Quick question- what's the rule on sparkling water? I have a zero calorie mandarin orange one in my cupboard. The ingredients say carbonated water and natural flavors. Do we trust "natural flavors"?  Just checking! Thanks! Keep it up everyone!

This sparkling water would be fine. :) 

Archived