January 8th!

LS192

Hi! 

A co-worker did Whole 30 last year and I was front row center for it. I gave her a "thumbs up for you, but I like my wine and cheese thankyouverymuch". 

Fast forward to me realizing I just ate my 5 years old's Pop Tart crust for dinner and...yeah, maybe I could use a change. 

My co-worker is very supportive, but she's the only one I know in real life. Husband has zero interest and friends think I'm crazy so I may be relying heavily on the forums to get me through. 

I've done a lot of prep work - I have a meal plan for the whole month and I'm planning on hitting Wegmans, Trader Joes, and Aldi or Giant on Saturday for all my goodies. Sunday is my start day and I'm planning on learning how to use my Instant Pot sometime before then. 

Hi Lucy! I'm starting tomorrow and I'm in a similar situation (husband not joining in). Want to check in with each other to keep up the momentum?

I did a whole30 last April and really liked it so I'm excited for another round as I have been eating pretty terribly with the holidays. True story: my local pizza delivery had trouble running my credit card but told me "You guys order all the time, we know you're good for it!". Yikes.

Looking forward to cooking more and feeling better.

On 1/7/2017 at 0:04 PM, Mrsvintage said:

Hi Lucy! I'm starting tomorrow and I'm in a similar situation (husband not joining in). Want to check in with each other to keep up the momentum?

I did a whole30 last April and really liked it so I'm excited for another round as I have been eating pretty terribly with the holidays. True story: my local pizza delivery had trouble running my credit card but told me "You guys order all the time, we know you're good for it!". Yikes.

Looking forward to cooking more and feeling better.

Absolutely! How is day one going? I made a salsa that I just want to eat with a spoon, but instead I had it with a turkey burger for lunch. 

Eek!  I wrote the message below the other day but I guess I didn't hit submit. UGh!  I hope you and Mrs. vintage are both having a great first day!  I didn't get much prep done yesterday so I spent today catching up.  I'm following the 7day meal plan to start with.  Hoping that keeps me from getting overwhelmed.  So far everything has been delicious!!!   Great choice with the salsa... Keep it up!

Lucy...  I am starting on January 8th too!   I'm a wine and cheese girl too!  (Not to mention ice cream!) with a couple of supportive friends, a skeptical  husband and a six year old son addicted to cheese cheering me on.  Not a super support system so I'm hoping these forums can help me too.   I would be happy to buddy up with you for encouragement. 

You are way ahead of me with planning...great job!!!  Counting down until Sunday!

Emily

Hi Emily and Lucy! Ugh, today was a bummer. I tried a recipe for Tom Kha (Thai coconut soup) with shrimp and it was disappointing. My kids (3y and 1y) were nutty and all I want is a glass of wine! 

Ooh, salsa sounds good. I went to Trader Joe's and they were out of a lot of their W30 compliant stuff (salmon bacon!) but I'll grab some salsa next time I'm out. 

Let's do this, hoping this week is easier than anticipated!

Jessi

Hooray for all of us for the first 3 days!!!

I have thankfully  been feeling pretty good aside from a headache the first day which I think was because I skipped my coffee. I know I have issues with gluten that I have been ignoring so my digestive system is REALLY happy with me right now! 

Hope day 4 is going well!

emily

Today is my hardest day so far. I'm stuck in the land of leftovers so my food isn't terribly appealing anymore. 

It was office cake day, which normally I can take or leave but I did eye it VERY HARD today. 

Someone also brought in bagels and cream cheese. 

I could write a poem about how much I love bagels. I would shove small children to the side to get a warm everything bagel with cream cheese. 

Staying strong though. Eating my leftovers and my raw veggies. I did bring along a lemon today to use as a breath freshener - I had back to back meetings with people and I've been eating a lot of onions- and I squeezed the rest onto my veggies. It was a good choice. Gave them a little something. 

Hahaha!  You are both too funny!  Great job resisting!

I am in the land of leftovers too. I was not excited for dinner at all, but it was actually better than I expected.  Phew!

As it turns out, my weaknesses are the same as a six year olds.  It is so hard not to lick that peanut butter knife when making lunch or test the Mac and cheese when it's done.  And ketchup....forget about it!  I couldn't even look at it without getting all dreamy eyed.  I LOVE KETCHUP!

Still here and hanging on. I still haven't made anything that is amazing yet, though! Not sure if I'm still adjusting to no junky stuff but I'm struggling with the food. I had serious cravings over the weekend for baked goods.

I'm also exhausted because my littlest is going through some crazy sleep regression (teething?) and is up all night right now. Maybe that is fueling my cravings?

Thanks for listening, stay strong ladies!

Hi LS192! I wanted to pass along my Whole30 history with my husband. The first time I was completely on my own, with him cooking all his usual dishes and me cooking compliant food alongside, and like you I got most of my support from the forum. When I started my second Whole30, he joined along with me on day 4, lost weight, blood pressure went down, etc., etc. At the beginning of January, he asked ME to start another one the same time as him, and we're currently on day 15. He says he can see himself doing one each year. He went from a total skeptic to a firm believer. We all do Whole30s for ourselves, but at the same time we can be good role models and ambassadors to others. Keep it up! It's worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

Day 28 for me too! I am actually feeling pretty yucky and will continue on Whole30. I just posted on topic of IBS, a I think by the way my gut is reacting, I have some bigger issues to address. I just cut out cruciferous veggies, already determined nuts are not good for me now. I am wondering if it's okay to make creamy soups -- carrot, ginger; butternut squash; tomato -- and have them with my protein and fats. I seem to be able to eat without the bloating. Getting tired of vegetable soup and roasted veggies, but I really enjoy the creamy ones and my gut does too.

Also having headaches pretty constantly. They go away when I do coffee enemas or as the day goes on. They started before the diet and haven't changed. I can't go back to the old way because that wasn't working either. Thanks for listening and advice/inspiration welcome!

So happy for you ALL doing the diet. Never thought I could make 30 days, but it's one day at a time for me as I continue.

Archived