mega proud of myself

yesterday I went to see a wedding venue, fell in love with it and put a deposit down. I then started to freak out about how much I would have to save money-wise and the changes to be made. More than ever I wanted a glass of wine to relax the anxiety and nerves so my head would quieten down (I was on day 8), I was so close to just giving up my whole30 (not feeling the magic yet, obviously to be expected on day 8)

I also gave up caffeine 2 days ago to help with my migraine headaches so yesterday I was really feeling it. 

I even asked my OH if we could go via my house first so he could drive us to dinner then I could drink. 

BUT when the waitress came to take my order and asked what drink I would like, I imagined Melissa next to me saying "you're not going down like this" and I ordered a sparkling water  B)B)

that is awesome! good for you. I had my husbands Christmas work party last Friday (day 5) open bar, Italian catered, dessert bar. I ordered my own plain burger and steamed veggies. I was very tempted to "start over Monday" but I held out and so glad I did. One week down! 

Way to go! My evening glass of relaxation was also one of my biggest challenges. Silly as it may seem, pour that sparkling water into a wine glass when you're really fighting the temptation, I found simply holding the wine glass satisfied me.  I am one year out and STILL down 20 while30 pounds! Hang tough! 

I'm on day 4 of my 1st W30. I've been having a "sick" nauseous feeling in my stomach and I thought maybe too much fat in my diet (clarified butter, avocado, olive oil, and chicken thighs) but today I realized it's probably sugar withdrawal. I wanted to go to the vending machine BAD but I purposely left my wallet at home, emptied my desk at work of all sugary snacks and went home on my break and make some delicious crispy, salty kale chips. So glad I found this forum to read all your stories and victories for support and encouragement.  :D

• 2 months later...
On 10/01/2017 at 0:06 PM, Jlynn said:

Way to go! My evening glass of relaxation was also one of my biggest challenges. Silly as it may seem, pour that sparkling water into a wine glass when you're really fighting the temptation, I found simply holding the wine glass satisfied me.  I am one year out and STILL down 20 while30 pounds! Hang tough! 

its so weird about the psychological aspect isn't it!

Archived