Easy, delicious breakfast

LS192

Hi! I'm only on day 2 but I did MAJOR prep work yesterday. I roasted a pan of potatoes and onions - I used about 6 whole potatoes for the week. Scrambled 10 eggs with a dash of olive oil, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. I threw in a handful of raw green pepper, but those can be roasted too if that's your taste. 

This morning after heating I added a mild pico - tomato, red onion, cilantro, lemon juice, and salt. 

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. I'm a bagel and cream cheese or breakfast sandwich person and this was amazing. I have it packaged through Friday, too. IT's crunchy and warm and spicy and I didn't even miss the cheese. 

I used white potatoes because that's what we had but it would be good with sweet too. I'll pick some up next week and try it with those. 

• 2 weeks later...

I made a big old egg dish for my next few breakfasts.  Onion, garlic, carrots, bell pepper, tomatoes, zucchini, spinach, baby kale and compliant sausage with eggs.  It smells so good in here!  I am going to try your recipe!

004.JPG

006.JPG

009.JPG

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 0:56 AM, sdlp said:

I made a big old egg dish for my next few breakfasts.  Onion, garlic, carrots, bell pepper, tomatoes, zucchini, spinach, baby kale and compliant sausage with eggs.  It smells so good in here!  I am going to try your recipe!

004.JPG

006.JPG

009.JPG

That looks awesome.  What's the recipe for it?

I just followed the rules about things allowed and created my own.  I LOVE to cook and am in heaven with all the food prep now.

Here is what I did (I am terrible with precise directions, but this is easy to change up):

Heat olive oil in heavy skillet (I recommend Le Creuset)

Add 1 chopped onion and 1 cup shredded carrot (takes longer to soften).  Cook for about 5 minutes and add 1-2 minced garlic cloves and stir until fragrant.  Add your zucchini and bell pepper and cook down until firm-tender.  Slice 1 Aidell's sausage link and add to pan.  Last, top skillet with 2 cups each baby kale and baby spinach.  Let the greens wilt down a bit.  Dump into 9x13 pan lightly oiled with coconut oil.  Whisk together 8 eggs in separate bowl and pour over top. Bake in 350 oven until set.  

My 8 year old loves it, too.  After it cooled, I wrapped into 6 portions and placed in fridge for easy breakfast.

Archived