Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tanis

Rice bran oil

7 posts in this topic

I bought some cashews at trader joes, I didn't look at the ingredients until I got home...it has rice bran oil. Anyone know what that is and is it compliant?

It's oil made from the bran portion of rice...which of course is a grain so it's a no go. Sorry. What a stupid thing to add to cashews!!!

Rice bran oil has a very high smoking point and they probably roasted the cashews in it. It's considered one of the healthier oils if you accept grains into your life.

Awesome... Thank you both for the answer. I will be taking them back tomorrow and seeing if sprouts has some that are just cashews.

Trader Joes has raw cashews that are very tasty and compliant.

Yes, and WF has them too. It's really easy to roast them a little yourself for some added flavor. I don't eat many nuts, but a friend of mine who makes her own nut and dehydrated beef snacks for her kids was roasting cashews in a pan with a little macadamia oil. OH my...the smell.

the Trader Joe's near me has dry-roasted, salted cashews - I didn't notice that at first glance, but they have them. I hope your TJ's carries them, too!