Vertigo from Meneire's Disease

Hi all. I'm on day 12 of my first whole30!  Part of my motivation is because I started getting severe vertigo attacks about 3 1/2 months ago. The room literally spins and I vomit for about 3-4 hours.  I'm then exhuasted for about a week. I've had 4 of these, and also initially some plain dizziness as well.In between attacks, there is a weird feeling of fullness or that my ear is underwater. I was diagnosed with Meneire's disease because I also have some hearing loss and tinnitus. My thought has been that if I reduce inflammation in the body, it could possible impact the fluid level in the inner ear.  

Anyway, I'm highly motivated because my main passion is riding my motorcycle. I also started getting acupuncture this week and she was awesome and very positive. 

I will track my progress and outcomes some here. I would also love to hear anyone else's story of vertigo. 

a bit similar - i have vestibular migraines and this is why i'm doing a whole30 this time around. Trying to tackle diet plus sleep plus vestibular rehab exercises. 

I have BPPV and know exactly what you describe.  This time of year I have to take allergy or sinus meds to keep the ear pressure down.  Google the Epley maneuver.  It really does work.  There is also a new exercise  that I have seen that incorporates a somersault like exercise to scoot things back into place in the inner ear.  I will have bouts and then it vanishes for years...only to return.  I think the Whole 30 would be excellent to keep inflammation at bay.  I also always have Meclizine on hand.  

I've been to over 10 doctors for dizziness & NONE of them can find anything wrong w/ me. I'm dizzy on/off ALL day. I can feel my right ear has a lot of fullness most of the time but all the tests come back normal. :( I've been this way almost THREE years. I'm hoping eating this way can help in some way. 

• 1 month later...

Sorry I disappeared...I did not find any relief from my vertigo with Whole30. My research now is leading towards viral causes so I'm addressing it that way. Chiropractic has also been useful in reducing the severity of the attacks--I still get very dizzy but I don't vomit anymore. 

• 11 months later...

Archived