garlic infused oil recipes or Brands wanted

HelenLA

I know that I can have garlic infused oil on Whole30 low FODMAP if the ingredients are compliant. what I want to know from you all is do you make your own? if so would you share your recipe? How long is it good for? Or do you buy it? If so where do you get it? What brand is it? I live in Indiana USA and I don't plan to order this through the mail but I might if I got a great price. Thanks for your help.

• Moderators

I've found some at my local grocery store, but can't remember the brand -- I don't do low FODMAP, so I don't always keep it on hand, I just buy it for the flavor. If you haven't yet, you might just go browse through what your store has. (My store is weird, so this may not happen anywhere else, but in addition to having some in the oil section, they had some in with the Italian foods over in the ethnic food aisle -- again, my store is weird, but I thought I'd mention it.)

If you do decide to try to make your own, be sure you get instructions/recipe from a reliable source. I don't think it's hard to do, but putting moist stuff in oil to sit for long periods of time can result in botulism -- it's certainly possible to avoid this, but I know you can't just stick cloves of garlic in some olive oil and let it sit. That's not meant to discourage you from doing it, just be sure you do it right -- we don't want you getting sick.

Shannonm816 - thanks for your reply. I haven't looked at the grocery stores yet because I was trying to figure out if I needed to buy ingredients to make this or if I was going to buy it already made. I'm a little Leary about the quality of olive oil they might use or other stuff they might put in it if it's store bought. I have researched my olive oil so I know that it is good. and I have read different controversy about botulism. I think if you heat it to the right temperature let it cool refrigerate immediately and use within a couple of days it's okay. This is what I might try doing as I already have garlic cloves and olive oil on hand and I can't use the garlic in any other way at this point.

Archived