What's the Whole30 functional equivalent of a PB&J?

Healthy in DC

Next weekend I'm having a getaway weekend with some friends, and looking to do it on the cheap. In previous situations like this, I'd pack myself a PB&J Sandwich to have something simple, portable and does not require a fridge or microwave. 

Any suggestions on meals that travel well? I'd likely need to leave it in the cooler for about 12 hours before I arrive. I might have a microwave at the hotel, but I don't want to worry about food prep (opening cans, cutting up vegetables etc) while I'm there. 

Thanks! 

No fridge, no micro, no food prep, no opening cans, no cutting vege.  

Portable. That leaves fish foils, hardboiled egg packs and bagged greens. A bottle of extra virginia olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Hang on to your sweet potatoes. Slice them before you go.  They'll keep for 12 hours.  Take them downstairs and throw them in the toaster of the hotel. (Breakfast bar). Eat them with your fishes.  big smile2 smiley

If you have a cooler, you have a lot of options. Hard-boiled eggs. Almond butter and apples. Larabars. Salad and pre-cut veges in disposable containers. Pre-cooked chicken. Avocados or pre-made guacamole. 

You can call the hotel ahead of time to find out about a microwave in the room or at the breakfast bar. If you have one available, soup or bean-free chili in mason jars can be frozen in advance then heated and eaten right out of the jar (that's my go-to lunch).  

As with every day on W30, it's all about planning and prep. Have a great time!

Archived