On Thursday evening I'm hostessing an event in my house.  10-12 women are expected from 6pm-8pm.  I am not willing to feed 12 women a full dinner.  I want to do finger foods and munchie type food (I know, I know.... but if I plan this right...I can template my munchies/finger foods....or get close and maybe round out with whatever afterwards).  I have a full wine cabinet so drinks are not an issue--I'm willing to open whatever I need to for them and drink water/mocktails for me (I haven't fully decided yet).  I expect several women will bring some sort of finger food/drink with them but I definitely want to have several things I can eat so it doesn't make my guests feel weird to be eating while I'm not.  

Right now, I'm thinking a buffalo chicken dip (found online, all compliant ingredients) with veggie tray for dippers + crackers/chips, a fruit tray, and a Something.  I need help figuring out the Something.  I don't really want to add another dip?  I feel like 1 dip is enough although I could add a fruit-dip..... Maybe meatballs?  I have the makings for turkey meatballs and can grab whatever I need for a compliant BBQ sauce....?  I feel like a salad may be too involved/messy to eat (we won't all be at the table)?  All my Go-Tos for stuff like this are baked, sweets, flour-y, dough covered, whatevers.  AKA not remotely compliant.  

• Moderators

Meatballs would be good. If you don't want to mess with barbecue sauce, go to meljoulwan.com and in the search box on the site, type meatballs -- she has a ton of different ways to season them. Or I did nom nom paleo's Asian meatballs using ground turkey (I also cooked and mashed the sweet potato in them, rather than leaving it in chunks) and took them to a potluck with some Sunshine sauce for dipping, and that was a hit. Meatball recipe here: http://nomnompaleo.com/post/39832097367/whole30-day-6-asian-meatballs. And sunshine sauce here: http://meljoulwan.com/2009/07/21/sunshine-sauce/

Or you could do deviled eggs. Or chicken strips or wings. Google whole30 party and you should find more suggestions too.

Everyone loves meatballs, in my experience. If you do them with a sauce, you can keep them warm in the crockpot and serve with toothpicks (mini meatballs are great to eat with toothpicks, lol). I brought what I thought was going to be way, way too many meatballs to a fundraiser at my gym and woah did they go fast!

You could roast some sweet potato wedges and serve with a dipping sauce. Definitely have a raw veggie tray (and make a compliant dip so you can easily get your fats in!). 

If you want to get a little bit "fancy", you could make a blended veggie soup and serve it in teacups or something. 

Archived