I'm a 46 year old female and the worse I eat the heavier I get. At this point I have so many health issues that I got sick and tired of living this way, then I stumbled upon Whole30.

Can anyone else relate to having so many problems and is there a light at the end of the tunnel? I couldn't possibly list all my health problems right now as I'd likely run out of time on this work break.

I'm starting the 30 days tomorrow as my book is set to arrive today. I printed out all the downloads that seem most necessary at this point. Grocery shopping tonight.

I guess I just need some reassurance that my life won't end long before it should just because of how badly I've abused my body and have others to relate to. 

Thanks.

This sounds a bit like me. All i can is that I'm on day 6 and starting to feel a heck of a lot better, especially in the mornings which is unheard of in my life! I'm just taking it meal by meal and having faith in the program.

On 1/18/2017 at 5:35 AM, CateL said:

This sounds a bit like me. All i can is that I'm on day 6 and starting to feel a heck of a lot better, especially in the mornings which is unheard of in my life! I'm just taking it meal by meal and having faith in the program.

ME too-Meal by meal! I am on day 11 and yesterday was the worst day so far, but overall I am feeling so much better.

@spotthecat I am clinically obese at almost 200 lbs when I weighed myself pre-Whole30. I suffer from depression and fibromyalgia (medical diagnosis, not self!), as well as major eating for comfort issues and some other food issues stemming from a horrible childhood (not to blame the parents, but childhood definitely shaped the way we view food!). While I had already been making the change from processed foods to whole foods and was successfully gluten and sugar free for close to year in the past, I really needed the Whole30 to get back on track. Like you, I was/am tired of living like that. I believe there IS a light at the end of the tunnel, and at only 11 days in, I already know that I simply can't go back to my old life. I am worth way more than that-and I am learning that no amount of food (either off plan or on plan) can fix what is broken inside me. Only I can do that, and learning how to rid myself of food obsession is part of that process for me.

I know this post is from last week so I wanted to check in and see how you are doing!

Archived