Transitioning from TLS Rapid weight loss starting Jan. 19,2017

LLHwhole

I have been following a diet regimen similar to the Whole30. Only difference really is that TLS has specific food groups for each meal and allows snacks. Nevertheless, I have been eating at least two cups of veggies for one-two meals minimum, mostly salad greens because it is easy. Even with this amount of veggies and fruit, I am susceptible to constipation. I am thinking I need some other type of fiber, like a supplement. I have one from Trader Joes that has mostly psyllium in it, some oat bran, providing 4g which isn't that much in 8 pills a day!  I am wondering about Chia seeds or other supplements that have no wheat or gluten that are compliant. I could add more fruit and more veggies. I haven' been adding any potatoes to my diet. Perhaps that would help. Any suggestions are helpful. I scouted the forums and didn't find info quite in line with my situation since I am not new to eating 6-12 portions of veggies per day.

• Moderators

Salad greens are almost nothing when chewed down so they don't exactly provide the bulk needed to keep the system moving. You can try more cooked/roasted veggies and more of a variety and that should help with constipation.  Also, ensure you're drinking 1/2oz of water per pound of your body weight, so if you weigh 200 pounds, you're drinking 100oz of water at minimum  (not including workouts).

The pills from Trader Joes would not be compliant due to the oat bran (no matter the amount).

Most people who suffer from constipation find relief with a magnesium supplement like Natural Calm (the unsweetened one is compliant).

Archived