Katiemm1993

Hi I'm Katie Muller!

I'm 23 years old and I just recently (3 months ago) had a beautiful baby boy! I've always struggled with my weight and my bad habits but it wasn't until I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes while pregnant that I realized how bad those habit really were! You know the ones I'm talking about eating all the sugar and fats in sight! Not to mention feeling so un-engergetic that I did not want to excerise make that I do not want to exercise! I feel like having my son has made me realize that I don't want to feel this way anymore I want to be able to play and keep up with him once he's mobile! I want to be the best I can for him! So for me the Whole30 is hopefully going to break those bad habits and hopefully give me the engery I need to be happy and health for my son and for any future children I may have! 

So on Saturday January 21st 2017 I am going to start this journey to change the way I see food and break those unhealthy habits and change my life for the better! 

Hi Katie!  Your son will be a great motivation for this - I have a son too, he's amost 2.  It's really important to me to raise him to have a healthy relationship with food and to show him that his mom can do anything she puts her mind to. :D  I started my whole 30 yesterday, how were the first couple of days for you?

The first two days were great actually, I wasn't starving, I wasn't craving anything, over all I felt great but this morning on day 3 when I woke up it felt like I hadn't slept a wink all night! I feel tired and my muscles are achy! Hopefully this goes away soon! Good luck on your journey! 

On 1/23/2017 at 2:07 PM, Katiemm1993 said:

The first two days were great actually, I wasn't starving, I wasn't craving anything, over all I felt great but this morning on day 3 when I woke up it felt like I hadn't slept a wink all night! I feel tired and my muscles are achy! Hopefully this goes away soon! Good luck on your journey! 

How are you today @Katiemm1993? be sure to drink enough water - a half an ounce per pound of body weight daily is the recommendation. Are you BFing by any chance? If so you'll need FOUR meals a day rather than three.... And don't forget to salt your food!

1 hour ago, 50andstillhere said:

So I wake up today feeling very achy. My head still hurts from the cold o have and o am already bored with the food i have been eating. Usually boredom hits me later, but I guess I will have to learn a few new recipes. Just thought I would vent-but I am not giving up!

Again, water water water!! And salt!!

There are LOADS of compliant recipes out there so no need for food boredom, especially so soon.... What foods do you like? Perhaps we can help...

I am feeling the food boredom as well, I usually don't have any trouble eating the same foods/meals throughout the week but on Day 3 I was already dreading what was waiting for me at home for dinner. :(  Planning to pick a few new recipes the next couple of days to make this coming weekend - for week 2 my goal is to have way more variety in my meals. 

Day 2 I had a bad headache and felt so fatigued and then I slept horrible, yesterday, Day 3, I still had a headache but I slept much better.  I didn't even think my body had that much to "detox" from but obviously I was wrong.

Hope you are both feeling better today, I keep telling all of the skeptical people in my life - I CAN do anything for 30 days...we got this! :) 

Day 5 for me and I'm not so much bored as I much as I really want like a cracker or piece of bread! I didn't think I'd miss bread this much seeing as I cut it out of my diet like 3 weeks ago! But other than that I feel good had a slight headache day 3 and felt nauseous and since yesterday my appetite has vanished! Is that normal?  

• 2 weeks later...

So I stopped at day 8... I had a terrible fight with my partner and I was super stressed so I craved and had a cookie... I know it's stupid but I'm still living mostly whole30 approved but with dairy! After only those 8 days I had lost 5lbs! I will redo the whole30 but after my trip at the beginning of march! I'm glad your doing good though keep it up! 

Archived