February 6th begins the new "us"

Henderson Team

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How exciting! That is going to be MY start date as well! I'm so glad there will be more people! 

My info: I am 29, 220lbs & 5'9. A healthy weight would be 180* I am doing whole30 after a gentlemen my dads age said it changed his life. I have a terrible relationship with food and I need to fix that. My husband and I would love to start a family in 2018 so I need to be healthy before that and especially after that! Here I go!

Well, looks like we can support each other.  

My info:  I am 53, 165 & 5'9. I have been a yo yo with my weight for the past several years, and I just want to be happy and healthy- and have a positive relationship with food.  I LOVE CHIPS and crunchy foods!  I am really excited about the variety of recipes!  Here is to a healthier 2017!

I got my book this weekend and I'm starting to go through it.   I'm planning for the next couple of weeks to do exactly the same thing, only replacing "off limit" foods with whole 30 foods.   I work full time also but not the best planner:)   Something I need to do better!

I have been reading recipes, and selecting those I want to try and alphabetizing the spices!  Last night I made the beef and sweet potato chili.  It was really good!  I am trying to use up off limit foods and replace with approved foods.

Today I made Tahini.   Real easy to make and MUCH less expensive than store bought!

I received my Mandoline Slicer and my Tri Blade Spiralizer from Amazon today....

At this time I feel like I am preparing for a real adventure.

7 days  for the kickoff!

I'm starting February 6th, too! Cleaning out my kitchen this week and starting to prep--drank black coffee today and I didn't die, so that's a start haha 

My info: I'm 29 and 140 pounds, just looking to be more energized and healthier all around. I found myself lethargic a lot of the time and, after reading It Starts With Food,  I think my diet is the culprit.  

Excited to meet and go on this journey with y'all! 

Welcome.

This is going to be a great journey.  We will make it through!

I have not read It Starts With Food.  I have the other two books and have enjoyed them thus far. 

This would be at least 5 of us with the same start date!  I went caffeine free about 1 year ago and I drink it black.  You will survive.  I did find some Whole 30 approved creamers on Amazon- as my husband thinks this may be the breaking point for him... :) 

Let's do this!  Here is to more energy!

nutpods Unsweetened Dairy-Free Creamer (French Vanilla, 4-pack) - Whole30 Approved 

by nutpod.

Welcome.

This is going to be a great journey.  We will make it through!

I have not read It Starts With Food.  I have the other two books and have enjoyed them thus far. 

This would be at least 5 of us with the same start date!  I went caffeine free about 1 year ago and I drinking it black.  You will survive.  I did find some Whole 30 approved creamers on Amazon- as my husband thinks this may be the breaking point for him... :)   But sticking to the principles, those are out too!

Let's do this!  Here is to more energy!

Okay, I'm in. I have started and restarted so many times I can't count. I'm just coming out of a dark place (depression). I'm 64, divorced and mom to a 16 yr old daughter. Her dad passed in April and she gets anxious about my health. At 5 even, my 160 weight is just too much for my knees and heart.

My plan is to do a mass cooking and freeze all my meals for the month. I often work long hours so I plan to take 2 meals to work with me.

I am also starting Feb 6, looking forward to tracking progress mutually with this forum! I am living in Chicago, 27 years old and doing the whole30 with my partner. My main reason for starting is to increase my energy levels and feel healthy and craving-free! I did a "whole17" a few years back (I had planned for only this amount of time as I had a hectic travel schedule at the time) but this time I'm fully committed to the 30 days without anything to set me back! I really enjoyed my short stint previously and noticed many significant changes in my body and mind throughout so I can't wait to see how it goes this time around. 

I'm planning to start Feb. 6th too. I borrowed the Whole 30 book from a co-worker last week, she's on her second round and doing great. I have a lot of health issues; IBS, Fibromyalgia, migraines, and food and other allergies to name a few. I'm already pretty good about avoiding my known allergens but I think I may have food sensitivities the skin tests don't pick up, so I think an elimination diet is a good idea for me. Things I'm worried about: I'm doing this alone so there will be lots of temptations with my family's food in the house. My husband does most of the cooking now (I work, he doesn't) and he won't be willing to change his cooking habits for me, so that's going to be a source of contention. And my diet is already limited by my allergies and religious restrictions so will I struggle to find things to eat? I'm so nervous, but I want to see my health improve!

@JenHZ he said he would watch for things I can't have when he is cooking if I give him a list so he can easily check labels, which was really nice.  He seems to understand the elimination for food sensitivities piece of it.

Does anyone know if such a list exists?  It easy to say, no dairy, soy, etc, but when you get down to all those sneaky ingredients in spices and such like sulfates, we are both going to need help knowing what is and is not compliant.

Prep work is done... menu is completed...protein salad made, scale hidden (i could not throw it away), measurements and pre-weight written down and yes pictures are taken.

I have to travel this week for work, so I plan on taking my cooler with my own food.  

Good luck to us all on our adventure. 

I'm joining you guys too tomorrow!  And I travel a lot for work too mostly to Mexico, smaller towns most of the time and it can be hard to find a healthy meal sometimes.  I'm looking for ideas as I fly out again on Saturday for 8 days!  Yikes!!

Good luck everybody!!!

I tried to do some prep work- I have all the ingredients ready for dinner tomorrow night, but I need mayo for my lunch recipe and that was a total failure so I'm discouraged.  I've been sick all day and not even sure if it's a good idea to start tomorrow, but I figure at a minimum I can avoid eating non-compliant foods, even if I'm not able to eat all the stuff I planned.

I've done mayo a lot and failed at first.  But if the eggs are room temperature it helps a lot and I used an immersion blender and it came out great every time after that.  Don't know if that helps!  You can also buy primal mayo on Amazon (whole 30 approved)!  I stocked up a couple of jars for emergencies!

Archived