Struggling

hmg1993

I did a W100 last year and it was life changing.  I got half way through the reintroduction and discovered that a lot of foods I thought were fine, actually bothered me like dairy and wheat.  So my new normal ended up being 90 percent W30.  The biggest benefit was the relief from the sugar addiction.  But now I find myself endlessly snacking on nuts, dried fruit, and occasionally just saying to hell with it and eating something like chocolate, which makes me feel sick.  It's text book emotional and stress eating but I don't seem to be able to get myself out of this rut.  I know how much better I feel on W30 but there's a voice in my head that says I did it for 100 days and it didn't stick, so how will another one work now?  Appreciate any insights and thank you.

Is the weather making you feel like you're in a rut? I find the weather has an affect on me and my mood. So it could be that.  Otherwise, its just telling yourself to stop being silly and to jump in again! Maybe some of your favorite music will help you get moving again and perk that mood back up??!  

Good luck!  :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I too love to snack and feel your struggle.  I would suggest getting rid of all the snacks in the house as a first step.  If its not in the house you have to go to the store to get chips/ dried fruit/nuts and maybe by the time you get there that voice will have shut up.  Walk around your yard three times.  This sounds a little silly, but physical activity really does help with cravings.  If you are out of your kitchen away from the food it may help you get through the craving.  Also I would ask how much chocolate are you eating and what quality.  If its a king size hershey bar I would suggest going to a real chocolatire shop and getting one, high quality truffle.  Take your time eating it and let it be an experience.   I hope you don't give up and you learn to ignore the negative food voices.

Thanks so much @AKGrrl  Alas I can't get rid of everything from the house as I live with my family who don't share my approach to food -- good and bad!  And I eat really expensive chocolate!  I totally agree with creating a distraction or walking off the craving.  I also know I need develop better inner strength to resist my "no brakes" foods.   I also know it's a journey and it will take time.  Time I am willing to invest because the return is so worth it!

Archived