Staying on longer - for those with more weight to lose

Neshama

I am curious  to hear feedback  about the advantages  of staying on Whole30 longer    - for people with 40+# to lose .    I understand  this an anti inflammation  plan and not "weight loss" but curious  to hear thoughts from  those of you who arequested further  along.

On 1/29/2017 at 10:10 AM, Neshama said:

I am curious  to hear feedback  about the advantages  of staying on Whole30 longer    - for people with 40+# to lose .    I understand  this an anti inflammation  plan and not "weight loss" but curious  to hear thoughts from  those of you who arequested further  along.

I have been eating primarily Whole 30 for seven months. After an initial weight loss of about 10 pounds, my weight has been almost constant for the last four months at a level that is about 15 pounds above my "ideal." I believe that to lose those additional pounds, I will need to increase my calorie deficit by either increasing my exercise or decreasing my food intake. I also know that I need to increase the quantity of vegetables and greatly reduce my reliance on nuts as an easy snack. However, my body shape continues to change, so I think there are internal changes happening. I am not a nutritionist, but my recommendation would be to stick with it longer, but allow yourself some occasional treats. Read Food Freedom Forever and consider going 80-20 (80% compliant foods). it works well for me. I am feeling great on a mostly Whole 30 food plan, but I don't feel deprived because I allow myself treats. so maybe do a reintroduction, if you have not already done one, and alternate a month of Whole 30 with a month of experimentation. Just some thoughts. I think it's a learning process for all of us, and there is no "one size fits all."

Archived