A Little Discouraged/Concerned

JonGADawg

Hi All, 

I am totally new to this Forum and have no idea if what I am typing will even get to anyone. I will have to spend some time looking around the Forum to figure it all out.

I am a 54 year old male and have been doing  the Whole30 for 10 days.  I have done incredibly well and have not cheated, have worked out regularly etc. yet I do not look like I have lost any weight.  Should I be concerned or tweak something?  Thanks.  

Hi @JonGADawg & welcome to the forums :)

First off let me just say that Whole30 is not a diet. It was designed as a gut reset that, if followed by proper reintroductions, will allow you to figure out which foods do & do not work for you & your optimal health going forward. Weight-loss is sometimes, but not always, a side effect of switching to whole foods and eliminating inflammatory items from your diet.

Also, note that this is a 30 day program, and many people don't see or feel the results until the latter stages, particularly if they are coming from a back ground of restricted eating, or have pre-existing medical conditions. You are only on day 10...

In order to get the full benefits of the program we would recommend that you eat x3 template meals of 1-2 palm sized pieces of protein, 1-3 cups of veg (with 3 being optimal 'cos what we really mean is FILL YOUR PLATE), and a generous serving of a healthy fat. You should also include pre and/or postWO meals if you work out. Water wise we'd recommend a half an ounce of water per pound of body weight daily, and please remember to salt your food.

If you would like to check that you are on the right track please post a few days worth of your food intake and we can take a look.

Don't be discouraged! I really did not notice much difference until the last 10-14 days. Focus on looking for NSV like better sleep, more energy (I never got Tiger Blood, but my extreme daytime fatigue did improve.), etc. I never really felt like my clothes fit any better, but at I ended the 30 days with a 9.6 lb loss. Hang in there! It's worth it!

Archived