Feb. 6 start date

laurenmichele89

In also starting Monday and I'm excited and nervous at the same time. This will be the first time I stop counting my calories and literally weighing out all my foods... So its a bit weird for me to just eat like a normal person would lol. But I have high hopes after reading all the positive feedback! Good luck! 

I'm also starting the Whole30 on Monday, February 6th. My diet consists mostly of whole foods but....sugar trips me up especially with bread, pasta, chocolate, and wine, and as I've learned in reading the Whole30 books, hidden sugars like in hot sauces (Sriracha no more!). At 5'4" 150lbs, a higher LDL cholesterol than I'd like, and fluctuating BP into pre-hypertension, I'm looking forward to kicking the "sugar dragon" to the curb, more restful sleep, and increasing my energy to keep up with my little ones, pursuing my passions, and bringing my workouts to the next level! Now it's time time prep. :rolleyes:

I am starting the 6th too.   Looking forward to it.  Good Luck!  Do you all mind if I check in here to see how things are going or if I am feeling weak?   I want to drop a bit of weight but am hoping to clear up my life long sinusitis as well as my rosacea.  I love wine and dairy those will be my toughest challenges.  Emw3o I hope you enjoy not weighing and measuring!   I hope you find it to be a really liberating experience. :)

Thanks tommysgirl! For sure let us know how you are feeling. I hope I can do the same. While my husband is super supportive he will be doing his own thing. We both eat pretty healthy as it is but my whole thing is my calorie counting which leads me to binge eating and just such a nasty relationship with food. I have been 170 pounds for one year now which is so frustrating because I have been doing so much to lose the weight. I have a thyroid issue as well. Actually just saw my doctor tonight and he told me I need to eat 1000 calories a day if I wanted to lose weight. Ha! I was eating 1300 and already thought that was not that much, especially because I work out too. That only makes me want to try this whole30 even more. I don't want to be on a diet! I want to have a better relationship with food and my body. I'm really looking forward to it!

I'm starting Monday as well!  I picked up the Whole30 30-day guide and the cookbook a few weeks back and decided after the holiday season would be the easiest time to start as there would be fewer temptations.  The Superbowl feels like the end of the holiday season to me!  Food wise at least!

I agree! I'm just about done ready the book now. Going shopping this weekend and meal prepping Sunday! One thing I didn't find in the book yet is, is there a page where it tells you how much to eat? Like a guideline of sorts? 

1 hour ago, Emw30 said:

I agree! I'm just about done ready the book now. Going shopping this weekend and meal prepping Sunday! One thing I didn't find in the book yet is, is there a page where it tells you how much to eat? Like a guideline of sorts? 

There is a Template on this site...can't remember which tab at the top but you can find if if you search for Meal Template you will find it.   It is 1-2 servings of protein about the size of your palm a piece of fruit and the rest of your plate veggies also 1-2 thumb lengths of fat or 1/2 an avocado....A boat load of food for sure

I found the link here you go http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

Yea thank you! I also did find it in the book as well. I'm so concerned with over eating... I know I won't.. But I did keto diet and it was so confusing with if you ate too much protein you would put on weight and you needed to eat more fat..blah blah.. I just want to eat healthy. Normal. No counting anything lol. Thete guidelines are pretty simple. I guess for breakfast I could count my olive oil that I cook my eggs in as fat right? 

I'm starting Monday too.  The keto diet made me crazy, so I'm looking forward to NOT having to count fat, carbs, and protein.  That guideline is helpful, although it seems like way too much food.

Has anyone planned their meals for next week yet?  I grocery shop on the weekend so I need to figure out what I'm going to eat and make sure I have enough compliant food, but I'm kind of nervous to sit down and write it all out.

Oh yeah the keto diet was not for me at all. I was so moody and just so confused on it all the time. This seems so much easier and something you can do in the long term as well. My biggest thing is being free from counting everything. That's been my whole life so this should be different. I am going grocery shopping too. I have always been into meal prepping as I find it sets me up for a busy week so I'm looking forward to laying it all out. I will probably cook a dozen eggs to have them for a quick add on to salad or snack. I am thinking of making the classic chili from the book as well as the shepherds pie with sweet potatoes. Hopefully I will have left overs too. I'm going to make turkey burgers and meat balls to freeze and cook throughout the week. I will brown up some turkey meat for taco salads. I am going to make shredded chicken in the crockpot for easy salads or to put next to a bed of veggies. I have made and froze cauliflower rice and will do so again this weekend! 

You have great plans!  Cauliflower rice is yummy!  I hope it tastes as good sauteed in ghee as it does in butter.  I thought about taco salads, but I don't think I can face eating them without cheese and sour cream, it would be so sad.  That's going to be my big challenge, I love cheese so much.

Ye

1 hour ago, Emw30 said:

I guess for breakfast I could count my olive oil that I cook my eggs in as fat right? 

Absolutely!    I plan to make egg muffins on Sunday to feed me all week.  Not sure what fat is in the recipe but I wouldn't mind topping them with avocado. :)

1 hour ago, Emw30 said:

Yea thank you! I also did find it in the book as well. I'm so concerned with over eating... I know I won't.. But I did keto diet and it was so confusing with if you ate too much protein you would put on weight and you needed to eat more fat..blah blah.. I just want to eat healthy. Normal. No counting anything lol. Thete guidelines are pretty simple. I guess for breakfast I could count my olive oil that I cook my eggs in as fat right? 

In general, don't count cooking fat as so much stays in the pan. Think in terms of adding mayo, ghee, olives, avocado, or fatty cuts of meat, etc.

1 hour ago, Georgina2 said:

Has anyone planned their meals for next week yet?  I grocery shop on the weekend so I need to figure out what I'm going to eat and make sure I have enough compliant food, but I'm kind of nervous to sit down and write it all out.

I searched Pinterest and the Whole 30 book for recipes and uploaded them to pepperplate.com   It allows you to store recipes and put your menus on a planner plus it  generates a shopping list for you.  

I'm starting my Whole30 on Feb 6th as well.  I am hoping to conquer my sugar dragon or at least to make it much smaller!  Want to lose weight and have a better relationship with food - I think one of the toughest things I'll have to face is dealing with how I use food as a comfort - at this point in time I can't think of anything that is as comforting as some of my favorite sugary treats! 

I'm also having trouble figuring out my weekly menu - so I'm planning & shopping for three days at a time.  Pretty nervous about the whole thing...

I'm also starting tomorrow. It'll be my third round. I basically crashed off the January Whole 30 over this weekend, it's my husband's birthday and I said he should eat and drink exactly what he wanted and then joined in. It appears that wheat REALLY doesn't agree with me, which I did know already, this time it's been horrendous though and definitely not worth it - out running yesterday both my feet went numb and it was so painful I had to turn back turning my planned 10 miles into just 7, my guts hurt too as though they've been wrung out :( All my own fault though and I cannot wait to get back on track for at least another 30 days then a proper reintroduction :)

Im starting my 3rd round tomorrow and my husband is starting his 2nd round. We have a few more pounds to lose and love the way we feel on whole30. Ive found out that im allergic to almonds and i have horrible inflammation and mood swings when i eat sugar and grains so Im going paleo for good. Also digestive system and sleep is so much better on the program that when i stray from it I immediately regret it. Good luck everybody! 

Hi everyone how are you doing?   I got all the prep done last night but forgot my fat for my breakfast and my lunch.   I used fat in the prep but intended to include avocado with both meals...weird to worry about forgetting the fat.   I weighed myself this morning and took a before pic of my face without makeup before my shower my h will take the before pics of my body tonight.

Enjoyed the  Superbowl and its indulgences tremendously but feel ready and able to tackle this.   My challenge will come when I get home after work but I have strategies

Hey! So far so good. I meal prepped all morning and a bit of the afternoon yesterday. I was in such a good mood because I feel so prepared! Today I had a doctor's appointment at 1130 and I knew I would be in there past lunch so I packed a boiled egg, carrot sticks and some coconut shavings so I wouldn't binge when I got home from being so hungry. It worked! Having the classic chili tonight with avocado and homemade salsa on top! Yum.

Completed the first day! Woo! The most challenging part for me was my time at work. Everyone brings treats, and I have so much candy in my classroom. It was so hard not to reach in my candy jar and take a handful of M&Ms. But I resisted! I made a white chicken chili for dinner, and I had the leftovers for lunch. That will probably be my strategy for now until I get better at the meal prep - cook dinner and have the leftovers for lunch. 

Archived