Start February 13th

Kelsie Ashley

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am starting February 15 because we are having a big Valentine's Day dessert potluck at work and I've already committed to baking some sweets! Okay if I follow along with you all even though I'll be a couple of days off?

I'm normally not a joiner, but I need to commit. I had great results with my first whole30 2.5 years ago when I turned 40, got rid of cravings and never felt better. 

Now I'm 25 lbs heavier and addicted to sugar again. I eat close to W30 for most meals, but I eat such junk when I'm tired or stressed out.  :( 

I'm starting tomorrow, Sunday! 

Mel Joulwan's Well Fed cookbooks and blog are a great resource. One NSV for me the first time was that I learned how to cook and really enjoy healthy food. I'd like to deepen that now. 

Michelle

Hi Everyone!  I'd like to join you.  I'm feeling a bit rushed to start this Monday, but if I wait until the following week then I run into spring break travel :)  As it is, I will be messing up my reintroduction phase with my trip, but I just refuse to wait to start until after that.  A little about me, I'm an American living in Malaysia, which is (with daylight savings) 13 hours ahead of EST...so my timing will be a little wonky with posts, but I'd love to be part of your group, including a facebook group if you start one!

59 minutes ago, Ejanecek83 said:

What does everyone have planned for meals this week?

I will be following the sample meal plan from the book (with a few minor swaps) because I just don't have time to figure anything else out so quickly.  Just got the book over the weekend so I'm cramming :)  Should be an interesting week for me as my kids are picky eaters and one is a vegetarian...(husband would be ok but he's out of town this week) - so I antiipate lots of moaning and complaining at dinner time - haha!

I love all the support!  I just got back from vacation today so I'm going to make my meals extremely simple this first week. Breakfast will consist of a veggie omelet. Lunch will be salad with grilled chicken or Salmon. Dinner will be meat and veggies.

i also need to refresh myself on the "rules" tomorrow. On vacation I decided to just go for it when I got back. Why wait? I want to change my life now because there will always be an excuse why this week isn't the right week to start.

59 minutes ago, Mhh123 said:

I'm normally not a joiner, but I need to commit. I had great results with my first whole30 2.5 years ago when I turned 40, got rid of cravings and never felt better. 

Now I'm 25 lbs heavier and addicted to sugar again. I eat close to W30 for most meals, but I eat such junk when I'm tired or stressed out.  :( 

I'm starting tomorrow, Sunday! 

Mel Joulwan's Well Fed cookbooks and blog are a great resource. One NSV for me the first time was that I learned how to cook and really enjoy healthy food. I'd like to deepen that now. 

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

Would love to hear your insight throughout this next month!

This is my first time to try Whole 30. Glad to have some seasoned veterans among us!

I'm struggling with the idea of not being able to have eggs for my first meal of the day (I tested sensitive 3 years ago). I plan to make my own pork sausage with sweet potatoes tomorrow and try the leftovers for breakfast on Monday. I also bought ingredients for tuna boats for lunch and stuffed peppers for dinner. I'll make some of the salad dressings and will utilize Wal-Mart rotisserie chicken (traditional seasonings) for salads. The lemon pepper variety had carragean I'm hoping the egg-free mayo is a keeper.

Strength to us all as we begin this Paleo journey! 

Excited to start on this journey!  I attempted the Whole 30 last spring, but couldn't get through it due to medical conditions and now those conditions have led me back to the Whole 30.  In September I was diagnosed with having chronic tension headaches which landed me in the emergency room and many, many days in bed.  Last month my wonderful doctors at the Center for Functional Medicine at the Cleveland Clinic discovered that I have Hashimoto's disease and leaky gut syndrome therefore I was put on a diet that basically is the Whole 30, except I am struggling with cravings- aka half n half and sugar in my coffee and candy.  I am hoping that by doing the Whole30 it will help me kick my cravings for sugar, dairy and gluten items that I am no longer supposed to be eating. 

If anyone has any questions about Functional Medicine during the next 30 days please feel free to message me!

Archived