Start February 13th

Kelsie Ashley

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Holly T said:

I'm having non compliant wine with my dinner! (I'm really gonna miss that.) :(

Broccoli and cheese one last time along with an impulse buy of garlic bread to go with my filet. I caught up with my drinking this week on vacation so I'm not having wine with my dinner lol

1 hour ago, KelliKB said:

I made the Mayo (two batches) and the first time didn't use "light" olive oil - eek! It's edible but I decided to use it for my ranch dressing and to mix with my protein salad. It just had a stronger flavor. For the next batch I used light olive oil and it came out beautifully. Made the roasted red pepper sauce and some roasted red pepper Mayo. I haven't made any other condiments yet. I feel like I was in the kitchen an awful lot but it will be worth it!

Here in Malaysia it's already the 13th (6am) so it's officially my first day now. I'm ready to tackle it!

That is good to know about the light olive oil. I need to buy some tomorrow! Good thing it didn't work out today lol

I started today but don't know that i knew what i was doing (ate peperroni for example) so officially start tomorrow. Please include me or friend me on Facebook (becky lightman) and i'd love to do a group. Crammed this weekend and didn't plan much but holding my breath I can do this!

1 hour ago, BL25 said:

I started today but don't know that i knew what i was doing (ate peperroni for example) so officially start tomorrow. Please include me or friend me on Facebook (becky lightman) and i'd love to do a group. Crammed this weekend and didn't plan much but holding my breath I can do this!

Welcome! You can do it!

6 hours ago, Holly T said:

Whew! What a day! I prepped no egg mayo (with light olive oil, thank goodness!), 3 salad dressings, made coconut butter for the first time, have chicken stock simmering, made a protein salad for tomorrow's lunch and need to start some soup to throw in the freezer. I cleaned out a bunch of non compliant salad dressings along the way.

Interested in your no egg mayo. Please share the recipe

This looks like a great group. I decided today to start tomorrow. I have completed one whole 30 and had several in completes. I am very addicted to sugar in all forms, I have many food allergies (gluten, dairy, garlic, tomatoes, onions, peppers, & citrus), and I am hoping to kick the sugar dragon this time. I have several health issues that lead me to this program, which is great. One of the most successful actions for me is the daily emails, they are amazing and help keep me on track with there suggestions & they show up every day to help me commit to the day. I am brushing up on the rules. I do have meat pre-prepared since for some time now I have wanted to start a paleo program. I have my meals for the week: Spinach Mushroom frittata; protein salad with mixed greens; ground meat, pesto, & spaghetti squash; chicken with roasted potatoes, broccoli slaw; mexican tuna salad; slow cooked beef brisket, butternut squash, & veggies; Cod with mixed veggies: greek salad with eggs; salmon cakes with thai salad; the rest will be any & all leftovers. By the way when you are making ghee keep an eye on it. As soon as it stops boiling take it off. I have burned a batch today very quickly and need to buy more butter tomorrow to make it.

My goals on this round will be to 

1. Stop eating fast food

2. Stop all alcohol

3. Kill the sugar dragon by being 100% Whole 30 compliant

4. Do some type of exercise not matter what kind daily

My support group is this feed (I will post my food here) and a friend that I will also text what I have eaten for the day. Every time I think about cheating I will refer to this link http://whole30.com/downloads/off-roading.pdf &/or text my buddy for urgent help.

In regards to the Facebook page they don't have any moderators on them so especially for beginners or people like me who really need the help I recommend posting here. My last group was amazing and so incredibly supportive. The great thing was sharing recipes together and tips that they found were helpful to them doing the whole 30 program. I look forward to this journey with you.

I started on Feb. 12th and I'm in Australia so I'm nearing the end of my second day. Food is going well although I was pretty hungry at my regular morning snack time today. Might need to have a bigger breakfast tomorrow. I am proud that I haven't caved in to have a cup of tea with milk and sugar - I would usually have several a day. Don't know if my slight headache is due to caffeine or sugar withdrawal...but I am discovering some delicious herbal teas that (almost) do the trick. 

I'm getting the daily emails, which have had helpful content so far and the 'I stuck with it' and 'I need to start over' check-in links are going to help keep me on track, I think.

2 down, 28 to go! :)

We can do this!

5 hours ago, EJSmadhatter said:

This looks like a great group. I decided today to start tomorrow. I have completed one whole 30 and had several in completes. I am very addicted to sugar in all forms, I have many food allergies (gluten, dairy, garlic, tomatoes, onions, peppers, & citrus), and I am hoping to kick the sugar dragon this time. I have several health issues that lead me to this program, which is great. One of the most successful actions for me is the daily emails, they are amazing and help keep me on track with there suggestions & they show up every day to help me commit to the day. I am brushing up on the rules. I do have meat pre-prepared since for some time now I have wanted to start a paleo program. I have my meals for the week: Spinach Mushroom frittata; protein salad with mixed greens; ground meat, pesto, & spaghetti squash; chicken with roasted potatoes, broccoli slaw; mexican tuna salad; slow cooked beef brisket, butternut squash, & veggies; Cod with mixed veggies: greek salad with eggs; salmon cakes with thai salad; the rest will be any & all leftovers. By the way when you are making ghee keep an eye on it. As soon as it stops boiling take it off. I have burned a batch today very quickly and need to buy more butter tomorrow to make it.

My goals on this round will be to 

1. Stop eating fast food

2. Stop all alcohol

3. Kill the sugar dragon by being 100% Whole 30 compliant

4. Do some type of exercise not matter what kind daily

My support group is this feed (I will post my food here) and a friend that I will also text what I have eaten for the day. Every time I think about cheating I will refer to this link http://whole30.com/downloads/off-roading.pdf &/or text my buddy for urgent help.

In regards to the Facebook page they don't have any moderators on them so especially for beginners or people like me who really need the help I recommend posting here. My last group was amazing and so incredibly supportive. The great thing was sharing recipes together and tips that they found were helpful to them doing the whole 30 program. I look forward to this journey with you.

We are happy to have you join us! I love the organization of goals. I'm going to post my goals and how I'm going to accomplish them. They're only wishes if I keep them in my head. Writing them out will help. 

You appear to be prepped for the week on food. It all sounds yummy. 

How do I sign up for the daily emails everyone is talking about?

3 minutes ago, Ejanecek83 said:

How do I sign up for the daily emails everyone is talking about?

The daily emails sign-up can be found here: https://daily.whole30.com/ 

Cost is US$14.95 and you need to sign up the day before you begin, so it won't suit everyone here. I debated for quite a while and eventually figured that was a pretty small cost if it helps me get through the whole program...less than I'd pay for just one of the bottles of wine I won't be drinking in the next 30 days.

5 minutes ago, kerricraft said:

The daily emails sign-up can be found here: https://daily.whole30.com/ 

Cost is US$14.95 and you need to sign up the day before you begin, so it won't suit everyone here. I debated for quite a while and eventually figured that was a pretty small cost if it helps me get through the whole program...less than I'd pay for just one of the bottles of wine I won't be drinking in the next 30 days.

Thanks! I just signed up even though it'll be a day behind. I can never learn too much info! I agree with you about the wine/14.95.

Hello, I am starting today also and just joined this forum. I am with a group of 5 women all starting today and I am very excited and nervous. 61 years old, lots of old lady ails and aches, considering gastric bypass, yadda yadda. But right now I am so ready to clean my system' get myself healthy. Sugar dragon has me in it's clutches. You all sound so positive, I love it!  I prepped yesterday, cooking up chicken breasts, ground beef, tomato sauce and the frittata for breakfast this morning. I need to make the mayo this morning and reading I should use light olive oil was helpful...missed that in my reading. Yay to you all. Here we go!

Hey Everyone!  It's almost 8pm here in Malaysia, so I've basically completed my first day.  It went great!  I'm actually TOO full from dinner right now...had the spaghetti squash with tomato sauce and ground meat (I used chicken).  It was delicious.  I'll eat less next time!  I can already see that the portions in the recipes are extremely generous.  Tonight's meal will give me 2 rounds of leftovers.  And this morning's frittata is good for at least 2 mornings (instead of 2, as listed).

I'm feeling slightly stressed about eating out, as I have a lunch with a friend later this week and I SO don't want to make a big deal out of my eating plan.  Thiinking of dragging her to a salad place that is not nearby, but would be easy for me to eat at, without being obnoxious!

Hope everyone is getting off to a great start today!  and  @kerricraft, we will be close in time zones so that's nice!

2 hours ago, KelliKB said:

Hey Everyone!  It's almost 8pm here in Malaysia, so I've basically completed my first day.  It went great!  I'm actually TOO full from dinner right now...had the spaghetti squash with tomato sauce and ground meat (I used chicken).  It was delicious.  I'll eat less next time!  I can already see that the portions in the recipes are extremely generous.  Tonight's meal will give me 2 rounds of leftovers.  And this morning's frittata is good for at least 2 mornings (instead of 2, as listed).

I'm feeling slightly stressed about eating out, as I have a lunch with a friend later this week and I SO don't want to make a big deal out of my eating plan.  Thiinking of dragging her to a salad place that is not nearby, but would be easy for me to eat at, without being obnoxious!

Hope everyone is getting off to a great start today!  and  @kerricraft, we will be close in time zones so that's nice!

I understand about eating out especially within the first week. I have a client that we eat out for lunch 2 times per week. Just let your friend  know. My friend was very supportive and even helped finding the best place for us to eat so I could stay compliant. Here is also a link that will help as well. http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-dining.pdf

9 hours ago, EJSmadhatter said:

Interested in your no egg mayo. Please share the recipe

I've been trying to upload a pic of the recipe, but the file size is too large. It's from the Whole30 book. I'll try to send it later....running way behind today! 

@Ejanecek83 Hi. I'm not in the Feb. 13th group, but I spotted your question and thought I'd chime in. I've got the meat grinder attachment for my KitchenAid, and I really love it.

I've made chicken and turkey sausage many times — I just add a little more fat to the mix for sausage than I do for plain meat, and I add in the fresh herbs, fennel and salt & pepper(s) after the meat is ground.

It's a really handy bit of equipment. I originally picked it up so I could get the best value out of the whole fresh turkeys that go on sale after the holidays -- breasts for roasting, dark meat for grinding, bones for broth, etc.

I am starting today too.  I have done the Whole30 before and it was awesome.  I generally stay within the bounds of eating healthy but I had surgery, a big, long, snowy, cold winter here in Idaho and haven't exercised much.  Now I have put on about 10 pounds and generally feel blah so I decided that I needed a reboot!  Good food habits and exercise and I will be re-energized.

Hi everyone! I am also starting today. I'm super excited but also nervous. As a full time student with a difficult major, I tend to stress eat. A lot! I have faith that I can complete the Whole30, but I'm nervous I will struggle with my emotional eating. I will definitely be coming back to this forum for my daily motivation. I'm exited for this journey!

Archived