cranky cranky cranky

KateinLA

On Day 7 and SUPER CRANKY. It doesn't help that I spent the morning on the phone barking at Financial Aid (I'm a grad student), who are determined to drive me freaking insane with the absolute makes-no-sense garbage system of awards and refunds at my school. But thank god I ended up having a day at home today because I am ready to KILL ALL THE THINGS. I thought I went through a milder version of this in earlier days, but cannot get over the serious animosity I am feeling. I need to be productive and get some writing done today, but it is not looking bloody likely. I had a frittata with chicken sausage, onions, fennel, and mushroom for breakfast with an orange, and am about to cook some chicken and veg for lunch with plenty of ghee - but I would love to know how to get rid of this feeling before the bf gets home tonight so I don't eat him alive. Any suggestions? I can't really exercise heavily at the moment (back injury/sick with crappy cold). Also, while I've flirted with it in the past, this is my first (hopefully) complete Whole 30. 

I don't have any expert suggestions for you, I just wanted to tell you I understand!  I had a desperately bad sugar craving/angry period one evening around day six.  The way I powered through the sugar craving was to literally not move until it passed.  I was sitting on my couch when it hit me and I almost got up to get a piece of fruit or something  . . .  but I decided I was better to not give in at all and I just tapped away on my phone for about 30 minutes until I felt like I could walk past the kitchen without eating ALL THE THINGS. 

oooh, I am so with you today (day 5 for me)!  My husband texted me something that included the phrase 'you should have told me...' and I nearly wrote back 'no need to be so bitchy!' but I deleted it.  Then someone at work made some comment, I don't even remember what it was and I had to clench my teeth not to bite their head off.  I have no idea how to get rid of it, maybe some retail therapy?

Archived