February 15th--Let's Do This

eatspinraverepeat

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so excited to get started tomorrow.

I went shopping over the weekend and already made many of my paleo meals that are Whole30 friendly. Roasted sweet potato and butternut squash are portioned out for the rest of the week, and I have lunch ready to go through Friday. 

Has everyone meal prepped or are you cooking as you go?

Hi All - My husband & I are starting today!  Excited to see this thread.  I have not meal prepped, but think I will cook extra's at dinner for lunch the next day.  I will cut up veggies to make easy salads.  Enjoying my dairy free coffee this AM:)  Not too bad!  Best to you all today:)

My husband and I are starting today too.  Had some sausage (cooked extras for the next few days also) with the avocado eggs--they are so easy and awesome.  So we're cooking (and cooking extras) as we get started so that we'll be a few days/meals ahead as we go.  It was kind of awesome to use Kroger ClickList to shop yesterday--I am not sure I'd be able to easily find some of the ingredients I wanted for some recipes!  In other news, I'm already craving a diet soda...I can't wait to be past that feeling!  

Just started today as well! I'm a little overwhelmed..I'm not used to multitasking so much in the kitchen. Prep day was rough yesterday. My homemade mayo was a disaster..I melted a mixing bowl to my burner, and I dropped a bowl if homemade sauce all over the floor after fighting with a food processor that still isn't behaving. Thank god for my puppies and a mop. Anyone else feel like they should be in an episode of America's worst cooks?

Here's to trying the mayo again today! 

@Kimbo8 - too funny! Yes, have had many episodes in the kitchen.  It will get better.

All - I have tossed everything in my pantry and stocked it with things from Trader Joes that are compliant.  I have found You tube videos very helpful to show some products that are compliant.  Heading to Costco in a bit to stock up on some fish and hopefully the Adel's meatball's will be compliant.  I have read that the sausages are.  I'll let you know.  

Eggs this AM with sauteed peppers and butternut squash.  Hamburger soup for lunch with blueberries and chicken/riced cauliflower and a huge salad for dinner.  What are you all eating? And, where are you finding most recipes?  Instagram has a daily recipe group with looks to be good. 

I started today too. Breakfast was an egg scramble that I couldn't finish all at once. I ate as much as I could, then boxed the rest up and finished it at work. Tuna salad for lunch, dinner will be chicken and roasted veggies and salad. It's not too adventurous, but I'm actually hoping not to have to tweak our dinners too much since my husband isn't doing it with me. 

I made clarified butter last night to prep and will make mayo later today (we actually usually make our own anyway, it tastes so much better!). 

I am NOT looking forward to the sugar withdrawals that I'm sure are coming later this week...

Hi everyone, I started today too. My original plan was to start on the 14th but decided to do it the day after Valentines Day (which is also my hubby's bday). So after wine and homemade chocolate mousse last night, I know I will be dealing with major sugar craving soon. Today I have started off strong. I made prosciutto (whole30 compliant) egg cups with cherry tomatoes and spinach. For lunch I made a Waldorf salad with my homemade mayo and tonight I will eat my leftover grilled filet and asparagus from last night (I made sure to follow Whole30 for both, knowing I would eat leftovers today).

I really wanted my husband to join me on this journey so that I had someone to hold me accountable but he's just not ready yet. I am so glad that I found this group! I look forward to going through this 30 day journey with you guys. :)

It's Day 1 for me as well. My sugar cravings have been out of control lately most likely from some life stresses. I have attempted W30 in the past and made it 13 days. I really don't recall now what made me jump off the wagon! I tend to read more than post but will look forward to seeing what everyone is cooking and how we're all feeling as the days go by. 

Hi again - if you all have a Costco near you, I will say they've really upped their game as far as organics go!  Here are some things I found.  I only bought the meats b/c I'm out of freezer space! They also had an organic salt free spice mix that I'm trying tonight w/o any sugar in it.  I'm so surprised how many of my spice mixes have sugar:huh: I am not looking forward to the sugar hangover either.  I have really overindulged since Thanksgiving......

IMG_2823.JPG

IMG_3731.jpg

43 minutes ago, rgill said:

Hi again - if you all have a Costco near you, I will say they've really upped their game as far as organics go!  Here are some things I found.  I only bought the meats b/c I'm out of freezer space! They also had an organic salt free spice mix that I'm trying tonight w/o any sugar in it.  I'm so surprised how many of my spice mixes have sugar:huh: I am not looking forward to the sugar hangover either.  I have really overindulged since Thanksgiving......

IMG_2823.JPG

IMG_3731.jpg

Yum! Thanks for giving us a heads up. I will have to make a trip to Costco. Let us know how those chicken meatballs are.  I'm thankful that my H-E-B grocery store has a lot of yummy items too. It sure makes the next 30 days easier. 

I agree about finding the correct size to keep full. I guess that is part of the learning process. This morning I made what seemed a huge breakfast--I used the diner recipe out of the Whole 30 book (the second book) which was sausage, sweet potato hash and eggs. Yum! But most mornings I don't have time for that so I usually keep some sort of egg-y casserole at the ready for quick warmups and have a piece of fruit with it. I like to dollop almost anything I eat with a little homemade mayo. Even though I have been doing mostly paleo for a long time, the low-fat craze really did a number on us as far as our thinking goes. One of my goals for this reset is to limit my use of nuts for snacking. I think finding a better balance of staying full will help. I can really derail with nuts or nut butter and find it is just a substitution for my sugar cravings. Experimenting with pour over coffee since I have ditched the cream and want to make really good coffee. Hope everyone is on track for Day 2!

On 2/10/2017 at 10:06 PM, eatspinraverepeat said:

My co-worker and I are starting on February 15th! I am so excited! Anyone else starting post-Valentine's Day?

Yes, I started yesterday. Food good , but struggling with food planning as I've survived a lifetime "on the fly"

Day 2: I'm realizing that I'll need to make some kind of breakfast that can just be reheated in the morning because there's no way I'm going to be able to keep getting up on time to cook and eat breakfast AND get ready for work AND be there on time. Anyone have a favorite batch breakfast they want to recommend? 

Also, I've had a light headache for about an hour now. I'm not totally sure if it's just general tiredness (one of the reasons I'm doing this in the first place), or if this is the start of sugar withdrawals. I'm gonna have a second cup of coffee and see if that helps anything. 

Oh, and I'm super jealous of all of you with access to TJ's, Whole Foods, and Costco. I'm been to all 3 grocery stores in my tiny town (on an island in Alaska) and there is no compliant bacon to be found :( 

15 minutes ago, MargretB said:

Day 2: I'm realizing that I'll need to make some kind of breakfast that can just be reheated in the morning because there's no way I'm going to be able to keep getting up on time to cook and eat breakfast AND get ready for work AND be there on time. Anyone have a favorite batch breakfast they want to recommend? 

Also, I've had a light headache for about an hour now. I'm not totally sure if it's just general tiredness (one of the reasons I'm doing this in the first place), or if this is the start of sugar withdrawals. I'm gonna have a second cup of coffee and see if that helps anything. 

Oh, and I'm super jealous of all of you with access to TJ's, Whole Foods, and Costco. I'm been to all 3 grocery stores in my tiny town (on an island in Alaska) and there is no compliant bacon to be found :( 

Batch breakfast: Practical Paleo Swirly Crustless Quiche (http://www.whisktogether.com/2015/03/20/paleo-swirly-crustless-quiche/), just make sure you use coconut oil or ghee to grease the pan!

If you have time to fry eggs in the morning, I have been enjoying 2 fried eggs (in coconut oil) with 1/2 avocado and re-warmed roasted sweet potatoes. I kinda mash it all together....but it is delicious!

I am having a headache too! But I think mine is hormonal, as it was happening prior to Day 1. I have noticed that I am tempted to reach for food as a result of my headache, so I'm glad to already be becoming aware of my triggers.

As far as bacon goes, you can order it online, but I'm not sure shipping will make it worth it (http://grasslandbeef.com/sugar-free-pork-bacon-slices?affId=108183). 

I was rocking the headache last night into this morning.  But I'm sure mine is due to the lack of caffeine yesterday--cutting out soda is so needed for me!  Unsweetened black tea for the win--had the caffeine I need (hopefully I'm past the sugar/caffeine withdrawal soon).

Getting up with my 3 month old every night isn't helping things.  Twice last night!

Archived