Started today! 2/13/17

finkthewriter

Hello everyone! My name is Renayle Fink, and I'm a ball of emotions starting the Whole30! :lol: I'm a bit nervous, but mostly excited to get my body well and healthy. I've done other programs that eliminated sugar, and I went through the withdrawal for a couple days then felt better, but guess what? I went right back to downing snacks and sweets a week after finishing. I read "It Starts with Food" and it's such an eye-opener for me. I look forward to having a healthy relationship with food and slaying the Sugar Dragon!

Hi. I completed 3 months of whole 30 or nearly compliant last summer and fall but got back on sugar etc over the winter holidays. I tried to restart several times in Jan but failed miserably.  Now I am miserable enough to try again. I felt wonderful when I was on whole 30 and don't know why I can't stay away from the things I know make feel bad. I know I need to evaluate emotional ties to food and learn to nourish my soul in other ways.  I'll let you know how it goes :)

My husband and I also started on Monday, Feb. 13.  First time Whole30 :o...Heard about Whole30 on a podcast, bought the Whole30 book and after 2 weeks of reading and planning and being nervous...decided to jump in!  Luckily the family seems to be on board and LOVING the delicious foods.  I am worried/scared about my sugar addiction (yes, I am a sugar addict).  So far, so good...I am very committed, but Day 3 and starting to have headache, stuffy head (could be a cold?).  Definitely went to bed earlier and slept longer last night with no mid-afternoon pick-me-up of coffee, soda or sugar.  Am going to try to use this group/forum as motivation to keep on it.  Good Luck to all of us!  

Way to go Chrisybell!  

I've been a little headachey too. Do give yourself a lot of room for extra rest for the first couple weeks. The energy should kick in soon after that. I have found drinking extra water to be a life saver.

How's everyone doing? I slept 11 hours last night and very foggy headed this morning. Feels like a "healing crisis" where the body can finally rest from having to process sugar and other junk. I remember I had several days of it last time I did a whole 30. Had cravings today for the first time, probably not helped by eating breakfast late and only a snack In afternoon.

Archived