Starting 2/19: Hoping this will be life changing.

Emily Lucas

Hello everyone! My name is Emily. I'm starting my very first whole 30 next Monday. I wanted to give my self a week to get started on reading, do some research, and come up with at least a week worth of meal plans. Honestly I'm really worried I'm not going to be able to do this. I have put off taking care of my self physically for a long time. I'm 27 years old and I weigh 345 lbs. It embarrasses me to even write that but it's time I was honest with myself and the challenges I have left ahead. I have tried dieting and weight watchers but never stuck with it enough to see real results. My father died of a heart attack when he was just 43. I have to do something differently or else I'm not going to be around long enough for my kids. I am praying that this will not only kick start my weight loss but more importantly completely change and reshape the way I view food, eating, health, and my body. 

Welcome Emily! I just finished my first whole 30 last Wednesday and am in the middle of my reintroduction. I keep saying this but I honestly I didn't think I could do it, even though I work out regularly I have always eaten poorly and have never found a diet that stuck.  I am 27, 5'9" and start at 241 a year ago. For the last 12 months I have been going to counting calories, fasting and working out, and in the time I managed to lose 19-20 lbs, but for the last 5 months I couldn't get past 222, it was like my unlucky number, I would lose/gain a few lbs here and there and always end up back at 222. Then this January I tried whole 30 and am now down to 209, a number I have not seen in a very long time.   

Part of whole 30 is celebrating non scale victories and I honestly never thought I would say that I enjoy fruit for dessert, but that has finally happened. I am see the importance in eating actual whole foods, I can now sleep through the night and don't wake up feeling groggy. Its a strange change but I am happy I didn't give up during the 30 days. It's totally worth it and I can't wait to hear about your 30 days!

Archived