Valentines Day

Trina Jackson

We are having skirt steak fajitas with lettuce wraps for me in place of tortillas.  Marinated skirt steak, sautéed bell peppers and onions, tomatoes, and avocado in a lettuce wrap!  Delicious!  My favorite meal so far in my Whole30, so I requested we do it again tonight.  :-) 

W.JPG

Sounds delicious. I went to my old friend Google for some inspiration and came up with this...

Blackberry Prosciutto Cups to start. Followed by Lemon Butter Scallops and Damn Delicious and Bacon Wrapped Asparagus served with sparkling water with raspberries. Some romantic music and candles and we should have a pretty good date night going on. Maybe I should add some marrow bones for the dogs so we also have an uninterrupted date night. Lol! 

109775.jpg

I tried to have a little bit of fun.  I made the meatballs in the Whole30 cookbook and instead of individual meatballs I turned it into a heart shaped meatloaf.   Plated it by laying a slice of meatloaf on top of cauliflower mashed with a side of roasted string beans.  I'll post a photo next time I make cause it turned out pretty good!

Archived